This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD TV bulbs

As you might not know, my TV decided it was time for a break and went phbt. I'm taking it to a local repair shop who can hopefully give me some goodness. I just want to know a few things so I don't look like a complete idiot when talking to te repair guy.
    <if it helps my TV is a Akai/Scott LCT37SHA>

1. I didn't know LCD TVs had bulbs in them. Please someone tell me that it is actually replaceable.

2. If it is replaceable, is there only one bulb type used or are they depended on size of the TV?

3. Are there any real differences between brand name bulbs and non-brand name and do different brands work for TVs of another brand?

As always, I'm grateful for any help you can give me.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Used to work for a retail store that sold LCD TVs, so know a little (but only a little).

Quoth Trayol View Post
    1. I didn't know LCD TVs had bulbs in them. Please someone tell me that it is actually replaceable.
    At least 90% of the time, they are. They are, however, one of the more expensive pieces to replace from the sounds of it. I know I heard salespeople regularly letting customers know that the bulbs could cost a couple hundred dollars to replace, and using that to push the service protection plan.

Actual ability to replace depends on the tv, the parts, the way it's built, etc.

Quoth Trayol View Post
    2. If it is replaceable, is there only one bulb type used or are they depended on size of the TV?
    I know enough to know they depend on the tv. Wasn't able to find replacement bulbs in a quick search for them.

Quoth Trayol View Post
    3. Are there any real differences between brand name bulbs and non-brand name and do different brands work for TVs of another brand?
    As long as the specs match up, they should work just fine (i.e.: Same connector, same electrical input ratings, same lumens).

Hope this is slightly useful, anyway.

Comment

Thanks for the help Pederson. I just took it to the repair shop today. Hopefully it's salvagable.
      "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Unless it is a giant TV it may be cheaper to just buy a new one.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
        X