This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
    This might just be the blonde in me, but I don't understand this one... If the monitor is less than a year old, it most likely wouldn't be a problem with it...
    HA! We bought a monitor in September 2000..... By March 2001, it was shutting itself off randomly. We figured out that the damn thing was overheating, and there wasn't anything we could do about it, short of returning it. That wasn't an option, so we just took it as a bad deal and bought another one. Can't remember what brand it was...
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Sometimes you take chances with cheaper items and you get burned. But my last monitor was bought at Aldi's for $99 and was a 19" flat screen CRT. I loved that thing, it looked great and gave me no problems for atleast 2 years. Then my neighbor's hoodlum kids broke in and dumped it in the river. Well atleast they left muddy footprints from their house to my door. Now I'm stuck on a HP 15" monitor, and can't wait to purchase my first LCD.

Quoth tollbaby View Post
      HA! We bought a monitor in September 2000..... By March 2001, it was shutting itself off randomly. We figured out that the damn thing was overheating, and there wasn't anything we could do about it, short of returning it. That wasn't an option, so we just took it as a bad deal and bought another one. Can't remember what brand it was...

Comment

oh ours wasn't cheap, just faulty. My ex never skimps on computer parts
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
          If it's just shading everything yellow, though, you may be losing one of the colors... green, if I recall correctly... which could be either wiring or monitor.
          It does turn shades of yellow, and I can fix it by wiggling the base of the wire that's plugged in the tower.
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
            If it's just shading everything yellow, though, you may be losing one of the colors... green, if I recall correctly... which could be either wiring or monitor.
            Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
            It does turn shades of yellow, and I can fix it by wiggling the base of the wire that's plugged in the tower.
            Probably the cord, then. It's been a while since I played with separate monitors on a computer, though. Do they still have the from-computer lines directly wired into the monitor, or do they have separate cables that plug into both computer and monitor yet? (If the cable is wired directly to the monitor, though, please don't open it unless you're familiar with CRT repair, though. It carries potentially* lethal charges, even when unplugged.)

* In most cases, it'll only make you really, really feel the jolt. Maybe make it so you can't move any muscle in your hand for half an hour. But why risk the chance that you have a hidden heart defect and it'll fry you?

Comment

Working...
            X