This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mathnerd View Post
    Is it terrible that I read that entire post in the voices of Sponge Bob and Mr. Crabs?
    Nope, me too
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      they told us who did it and asked if maybe we could just keep away from her unit for the rest of the night so she wouldn't call again.
      If nothing else, the next time you find yourselves having to explain that a car is legally parked, you can just inform her that the cops told you not to stick around to continue explaining it.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        I don't know if it's ever been scientifically investigated, but, the armchair sociologist in me says it's the latter.

The person complaining about how mean the teacher is in 1st grade for giving them homework is the same person complaining about how rude everyone else is for not getting out of their way at 80.

Just my opinion, backed by nothing but empirical evidence.
        I would second this opinion, and I can back it up with both a bachelors' degree in psychology and an age in the target range. (63, and laughing at the Crabs)

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          INB4 "Not the bees" jokes.
          OK. You get the whirs jokes.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            INB4 "Not the bees" jokes.
            Bees. My God.

Comment

you crabtastic old fart
              Hey! You stole my phrase!

It must be something in the air these days....I've had two solid weeks of crabby old farts calling in and making my life miserable. That doesn't even count the Geriatric Gestapo that live on my street (also known as the Lawn Patrol)
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                Just remember, your job could be worse,

http://consumerist.com/2014/06/19/to...y-cranky-bees/
                That's the sort of thing you'd expect to happen - if the vehicle being towed were an AMC Hornet owned by a WASP.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  if the vehicle being towed were an AMC Hornet owned by a WASP.
                  Ow! Ow! Ow! That one HURT!

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                    Ow! Ow! Ow! That one HURT!
                    "No, not the bees, not the bees...!"

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                      I wonder if anybody's done a study to see if crankiness is directly correlated with age, or if all these Keep-Off-My-Lawn miserable people have been misanthropes their whole life, but now simply have fewer people to inflict it on, so it's concentrated.
                      As a 61 year old lady, I can tell you that I am no crankier, nor am I any nicer than I was at 30. but I have noticed recently that I can get away with being ruder now than I was 30 years ago -- maybe because everyone expects me to be a crancky old bat.

Comment

Quoth Cecily View Post
                        I have a coworker who moved to a condo building in which 95% of the people there are retired. She's never seen so many people not minding their own business and they are making her life a nightmare (over a parking spot, of all things).
                        Some retired people have nothing better to do...than make others feel miserable. They enjoy it.

I'm sure I've posted about the goofballs that lived next door to my parents before. These pricks would cause trouble for people...and then get upset when they retaliated. Most of this crap went on because the wife (who lost her job because she was certifiably nuts ) was home all day...and her husband enabled the behavior.

That is, nearly every window in their house was covered in some way. All of them had narrow slots--similar to what you'd see on a WWII-era pillbox. She would sit there, observing the neighbors. The second someone stepped on her lawn, or someone did something that wasn't "up to code," you'd get a visit from the cops, or a nasty letter from the borough. Most of these "violations" were things that nobody cared about. Sure, they were on the books, but as long as nobody complained, who cares?

For example, you're not allowed to have any junk cars on your property. At the time, the MG was still living at my mother's. I was slowly stripping it for restoration. I'd push the car outside, do what I had to, and then push it back inside. One of those times, I got a visit from the borough's finest. Seems the bitch had complained. Cops came and left. Since the car wasn't on the driveway, they couldn't do anything.

One of the other neighbors had a landscaping business, and sometimes parked his truck and trailer in the driveway. Technically illegal, but as long as nobody cared, not enforced. This time, he got a nasty certified letter over it. Now, he had to rent a storage unit for his equipment. Not long after, one of the crazies' cars mysteriously got the shit scratched out of it and all four tires mysteriously lost their air
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                        X