This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's place an order......

For pizza and wings over the internet. Great saves time and we do not have to talk to a person.

BUT after hitting send and verifying the order, discover we do NOT have any funds to ACTUALLY PAY FOR THE ORDER. THEN wait until the driver arrives with our "order" to tell the driver "SORRY no money for the order", wasting the driver's time and wear and tear on their car AND wasting about $30 in food..
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Please tell me this got them banned from ordering with you again?
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
      Agreed, a permanban is definitely in order.

This level of fail is beyond pathetic, were these cretins on drugs or what?

Comment

They probably figured "well, they don't want to throw it out, so they'll give it to me for free anyway."
        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
          They probably figured "well, they don't want to throw it out, so they'll give it to me for free anyway."
          Yeah, to hell with that. At my store the pie would have gone back to the shop to become dinner for anyone who wanted it . . . for free.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
            This is a major national chain (red roof)..... THEM ACTUALLY BAN SOMEONE?????????

<RM falls on the floor and passes out from laughing>

Sorry it will never happen.

One: Red Roof pizza is like most all businesses these days: gotta keep them low ball $$$$;s rollin in somehow ---- just the cost of doing business with them these days.

Second People like this change phone numbers and addresses like I change underware --- Frequently. even within the same household burn phones rule the day.

YES crew pie and wings for the win.

Comment

Funny you mentioned this. A few nights ago my neighbor wanted to order a pizza and wings to watch the Spurs/Heat game. He was paying so he wanted me to order. Simple enough, I can dig that. I forgot my password to pizza place so instead of doing the submission form on their site requesting a new one, I just called up the place. A simple pepperoni pizza and wings order turned into him wanting to talk to them. I gave him my phone but asked him why didn't he just call in the first place if he wanted to be so persnickety and controlling. His basic response is to ask me why I'm getting so worked up. F it whatever. Sure he's paying but if he wanted to be that way, dial the damn place yourself. I wasn't even that hungry anyways, didn't really want any company and he was at my place watching my TV extra comfortable on my couch. Even though we have similar HDTV's mine is just soooooo much better to him. A Emerson from Big Lots for $130 but I digress. That's just how his mind works. Anyways he wanted to watch the game with me and to get away from his girlfriend. I was doing more than double duty while he was paying for food I wasn't even interested in but in his mind he's paying so he thinks he's doing something and won't mince words in reminding you. Remind him you didn't even want company or the food and have your own money, he'll get mad. Makes you wonder if his girlfriend was happy he left to hang out with me. Anyways he started complaining to the guy on the phone about being charged for dipping sauce and delivery charges. I told him I'd go pick it up if that bothered him so much but he'd rather bitch and say no don't worry about it.

Pizza place is about 5 minutes away by car. Order was to take about 35 minutes. Instead of leaving the money with me or just waiting since he'd been at my place for most of that day anyways, shit for brains decides this 35 minutes is the perfect time to "do business" as he likes to say. He could've done this shit all day but decided that that 35 minute window was the perfect time. I told him this and he just looked at me with this stupid look he gets when he knows he has no plausible answer and makes like I'm getting worked up when I was just being dead honest with him. He does this same act with his girlfriend too and everyone else. I told him he was a difficult person and either doesn't realize it or is in denial. Moving on, he goes to his apartment and screws around doing whatever. Calling his attorney bugging him about nonsense, calling about some deal he's been trying to close for the past 5-6 years I've known him and probably longer, etc. 35 minutes rolls around and the driver somehow got into the building and was knocking on my door.

I'm thinking great, figures. I rarely have cash on me since I use my debit card. People are constantly asking for money. From homeless people, charities set up outside some store, girl scout cookies, etc. No cash don't have to worry about all of that. I don't eat sweets anyways. Did all my sweets eating as a kid. I answer the door and ask him if he can hold on a minute while I call my neighbor up to get the money. Driver wasn't having any of it. I told him it'd take a minute but he just shot back with he had work to do. I thought OK asshole and let him go on his way.

I called up the pizza place and explained what happened. Neighbor comes back JUST as the driver is taking off in his car. That's how impeccable this guy's timing is in being a F up in time management and just all around staying put when waiting for something. In the end he tries to shift the blame on me and I was like nope. It was you. He acted like I was getting worked up when all I said was why couldn't he stay put for 35 minutes and that the driver wasn't hearing a word I said. For someone who likes his pizza hot and fresh he was just prolonging those qualities why they were deteriorating in the delivery drivers' back seat. I told him that and he just gave me a stupid look and shot back some nonsense. I told him he couldn't handle the truth and to just F it, he'd never listen. Even if he did decide to listen he'd let it go in one ear and out the other then just fire back at you once you finish or interrupt at a point he didn't like what you said. Tell him all of this and he'll just fire back and somehow blame you. He's someone you just let talk or walk away from when he gets that way.

In the end, I got the place to get the driver to turn around and come back. Neighbor goes out and pays him the exact amount like a jackass because he thinks the delivery charge is the tip. I tried to explain to him that the driver gets none of that but neighbor is a shit for brains know it all. If the driver had of waited a couple minutes and not responded so terse and nasty with me I would've tipped him myself. Instead he had the displeasure of having to deal with my cheap, not knowing how delivery charges/tipping works in our culture but swearing he does neighbor.

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                Reminds me of one time when I was getting off work late and went through a drive-thru on the way home for a quick bite. The woman in front of me gave her order (came to about $3) but upon getting to the window to pay and receive her food she realized that she didn't have the money. I could hear her getting emotional and apologizing profusely. The worker went ahead and gave it to her anyway because "it would just get thrown out anyway"

That actually made my night. It was nice to see such kindness.

Until a month later when I found myself behind the same car in a different drive-thru pulling the same stunt. This particular car had a custom decal that was easy to recognize so I knew it was the same lady. The worker at this one didn't give her the food and she became furious.

Comment

Quoth Willis View Post
                  Funny you mentioned this. A few nights ago my neighbor wanted to order a pizza and wings to watch the Spurs/Heat game.
                  Much snippage.

If you don't like having him around, say no. And I strongly recommend not letting him order delivery from your place again: you want a good rep with delivery places, yes?
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    This is a major national chain (red roof)..... THEM ACTUALLY BAN SOMEONE?????????

<RM falls on the floor and passes out from laughing>

Sorry it will never happen.

One: Red Roof pizza is like most all businesses these days: gotta keep them low ball $$$$;s rollin in somehow ---- just the cost of doing business with them these days.

Second People like this change phone numbers and addresses like I change underware --- Frequently. even within the same household burn phones rule the day.

YES crew pie and wings for the win.
                    Still, this gets expensive and is a ripoff of the delivery guys. I can't for the life of me see _why_ you would want to keep a 'customer' like this. I would think the individual managers would have _some_ say in the matter...

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                      Much snippage.

If you don't like having him around, say no. And I strongly recommend not letting him order delivery from your place again: you want a good rep with delivery places, yes?
                      Oh no it's not that. I'm sorry I went off like that. I think at some point I said 'when he gets like that'. He's one of those people who has their moments. He's cool to be around but something in them just clicks at times and they turn into assholes. That's probably like 20% of the time and he's a neighbor not a roommate I have to see all the time.

Comment

Quoth Willis View Post
                        Instead he had the displeasure of having to deal with my cheap, not knowing how delivery charges/tipping works in our culture but swearing he does neighbor.
                        I'm sorry, but your neighbor does know how the delivery charge works. He's just a cheap ass dick.

He might be cool most of the time to you, but you can tell a lot about someone's character by how they treat people who serve them. A man who is an ass to a waitress/cashier/delivery driver is not someone I'd care to hang out with on a regular basis.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                          Still, this gets expensive and is a ripoff of the delivery guys. I can't for the life of me see _why_ you would want to keep a 'customer' like this. I would think the individual managers would have _some_ say in the matter...
                          It may get expensive BUT it is NOT my money (food and wage wise YES I care and stiffs are unfortuneately part of the delivery gig). If a company willfully and actively gives free shit away to obvious scammers, hey as long as I get paid my wages and get credit for the run, that company can gleefully run itself into the ground all the while complaining about how poor they are.

The store AND midlevel employees (IE. the shifties salaried managers and area managers) hands and feet are tied on this issue by a mandate all the way from the corp. corp. office. JUST give 'em free shit no questions asked.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                            It may get expensive BUT it is NOT my money (food and wage wise YES I care and stiffs are unfortuneately part of the delivery gig). If a company willfully and actively gives free shit away to obvious scammers, hey as long as I get paid my wages and get credit for the run, that company can gleefully run itself into the ground all the while complaining about how poor they are.

The store AND midlevel employees (IE. the shifties salaried managers and area managers) hands and feet are tied on this issue by a mandate all the way from the corp. office. JUST give 'em free shit no questions asked.
                            And I will _NEVER_ understand this 'reasoning', it makes absolutely _no_ sense to keep catering to these money-losing freeloaders. It's an insult to the honest customers and if the company folds jobs are lost.

Still, as it's not your problem and there's nothing you can do about it one must just go on...

Comment

Quoth Totiono View Post
                              Until a month later when I found myself behind the same car in a different drive-thru pulling the same stunt. This particular car had a custom decal that was easy to recognize so I knew it was the same lady.
                              That reminds me of something I experienced many years ago, shortly after I started the job I have now. I was on my lunch break, and I decided to walk somewhere for some lunch. This guy approached me, and told me he had just been discharged from the hospital, and hadn't had anything to eat all day. He asked me if I could spare some money so he could get some food. I gave him a few bucks and went on my way, feeling good that I was able to help someone out.

Then a few weeks later, I ran into the same guy. I'm terrible with names and faces, and didn't recognize him at first, until he gave me the exact same story he gave me the last time. I guess he had scammed so many people that he didn't remember me. Feeling my faith in humanity take a plummet, I just grumbled something about not having any cash on me, and quickly walked away.
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                              X