This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I RUINED CHRISTMAS!!

While I haven't posted in a while, I had to come & claim the honor. Not only am I a miserable bitch, but apparently I'm the Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

BG: I work in a credit card queue in a call center. Said credit card has a Rewards point system. The points are applied to purchases made in the billing period/month. They post to the account when the statement closes.

SC tonight: I made a couple of thousand dollars' purchases to get points. I should have a LOT more points than YOU gave me. (I didn't give her any damn points. I figured up what they would be.)

JSM: The points will be applied when the statement closes after the charges post. Your statement closes tonight & they may not be posted yet. If they don't post, you'll get them on your statement that closes on Dec 2

SC: But I bought all that stuff for the points so I can buy Christmas stuff.

JSM: You made these purchases in the last couple of days. They may post & you'll have a few more than the figure I gave you.

SC: But, I NEEEEED them for Christmas!

JSM: Your December statement closes on Dec 2. You'll have them by then.

SC: I want to start shopping for Christmas now. Can't you give me the points early and take them back when the statement posts? I promise I'll give them back when I get them. I'm entitled to the points, ya know.

JSM: Yes, you are entitled to them and will get points for whatever posts when your statement for November closes tonight. I don't have the authority to apply points to an account.

SC:WHY NOT?!?!?! I neeeeeeeeedd them!

JSM: (thinking: why didn't you buy what you need instead of counting on points?)

SC: What are you going to do for me?

JSM: (thinking: nothing) My hands are tied at this point.

SC: Well, thank you for answering my questions. And while I'm at it, thank you for COMPLETELY DESTROYING Christmas for my entire family, you miserable bitch!

JSM: Can I help you with anything else?

SC: NO! You haven't done a damn thing to help me! You're a miserable bitch who is taking Christmas away! I hope you die alone and miserable!

JSM: Thank you for calling
    Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

W00T! First ruined Christmas this year!

If that's all it takes to Ruin Christmas!!!™, obviously, they are Doing It Wrong.
    Last edited by XCashier; 11-03-2016, 02:14 AM.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I don't think that customer made any points with the Big Guy Upstairs.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Congratulations!! Dammit, next year I really have to start MUCH earlier ...
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Of course you'll have to start earlier - there are only a limited number of ruined Christmases available each year, and if you don't get there before they're sold out, other CSers will get them all.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Jeez, why not just spend the thousands of dollars on Christmas instead of using them to get points? He'd probably get a lot more stuff. Oh yeah, that would make sense.

Comment

Quoth little_miss_springfield View Post
              Jeez, why not just spend the thousands of dollars on Christmas instead of using them to get points? He'd probably get a lot more stuff. Oh yeah, that would make sense.
              Exactly what I was thinking, But then again SC's aren't known for good judgement.

That or a scammer looking for freebies to compensate them for all of their "inconvenience"...

Comment

First ruined Christmas of 2016

the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  W00T! First ruined Christmas this year!

If that's all it takes to Ruin Christmas!!!™, obviously, they are Doing It Wrong.
                  On Nov 2nd no less. I think that's a new CS record. Really anyone can ruin it on the 23rd, this takes effort planning.
                  AkaiKitsune
                  Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Getting an early start there.
                    It's not the years in you life that count, it's the life in your years! - Quote from the office coffee cup.

Comment

Pfft. Christmas is easy. Call me when you get accused of ruining Arbor Day.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Man, it gets earlier and earlier every year.
                        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Gosh I was just thinking wow it took till November 2nd to ruin a Christmas? Did we tranq some scs and throw them on to barges heading to the Antarctic?

But then I saw people talking about how early this is.... So no one here has ever ruined Christmas in April like me?

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                            But then I saw people talking about how early this is.... So no one here has ever ruined Christmas in April like me?
                            Can we have the story?
                            It's not the years in you life that count, it's the life in your years! - Quote from the office coffee cup.

Comment

It's NEVER too early to ruin Christmas.

People are already complaining about the Starbucks cups, again.
                              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X