Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can pay your last respects one quarter at a time (Masaya Nakamura)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can pay your last respects one quarter at a time (Masaya Nakamura)

Founder of Namco and "Father of Pac-Man" Masaya Nakamura has died at the age of 91.

The title comes from Alan Jackson's song "Prop me up beside the jukebox", but seemed appropriate for a video game pioneer.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

I think that was actually Joe Diffie...

Makes me wanna play some Pac-Man now...
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Did you know that the original name for Pac-Man was Puck-Man? You'd think it was because he looks like a hockey puck but it actually comes from the Japanese phrase "Paku-Paku" which means to flap one's mouth open and closed. They changed it because they thought Puck-Man would be too easy to vandalize, you know, like people could just scratch off the P and turn it into an F or whatever.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        Did you know that the original name for Pac-Man was Puck-Man? You'd think it was because he looks like a hockey puck but it actually comes from the Japanese phrase "Paku-Paku" which means to flap one's mouth open and closed. They changed it because they thought Puck-Man would be too easy to vandalize, you know, like people could just scratch off the P and turn it into an F or whatever.
        Thank you, Scott Pilgrim.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

May he rest in peace. Heads out to find a Ms PacMan unit with the speed set to maximum

==================

Jay: He's not wrong

sauce: I somehow managed to convince a teacher in 6th grade (in the 80's, mind you) to let me do a report on the video game industry.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X