Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's snowing...

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Ok, El Pollo Guerrera, please tell me you are in some mountain or something!!!

also one should not knit before coffee if they are still learning. I think I cast on backwards and just wrong.
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
        Recipe, please? It could maybe be my sub for fried fish.
        Here it is. We were doing fish in it to start with, but it makes a lot; and my sister was inspired to do the parsnips to use up more of the batter. It says you can do 2 lbs of fish in it, so you could probably do at least a couple of pounds of parsnips in this!

1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder, half-teaspoon dried dillweed, 3/4-cup of beer, half-cup milk, 2 eggs; 2 quarts veg oil for frying.

In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, dill; add beer, milk and eggs; mix well. Place fish in batter mixture, coat well & let stand for 15 minutes. Heat deep dryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place fish in hot oil and fry until golden brown. Cook fish in batches to maintain temperature. That's the actual recipe (from allrecipes.com) For the parsnips, we used large ones, cut into strips, and do the same--stick them in the batter until they're well coated & let them stand for 15 minutes before frying.

We usually put the cooked fish or veggies on some paper towels to take up any excess oil before serving.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I love Zumba!! I hate Zumba

OWIEEEE

Took my first class tonight and my body is not happy.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

Comment

• Quoth Elspeth View Post
            Ok, El Pollo Guerrera, please tell me you are in some mountain or something!!!
            Northern BC, Canada.

Which got me thinking, so I looked it up... My home town is (roughly) as far away from the Equator as Glasgow and Moscow.

Today, Glasgow had light rain and was at 16 C.

Moscow was cloudy and 20 C.

And we had snow. And rain. And only 6 C for the high.
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• -When did I become old enough to have a child graduating high school this year?

-I feel like a giant piece of paper when I see the staples in my back to close the incision.

-Chocolate....mmmm...chocolate

-Why would I trust a lawyer who wears a cowboy hat in his commercials?

-Did I really hear a commercial asking if a person has been hurt by having cadaver skin grafted on?
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

• Why do people feel the need to tell me that I *have* to get a car?
                Yes I hate the bus and yes I hate the fact that sometimes it's unreliable. But I pay a flat fee every month for a month pass and *that's* it. No unexpected bills for a broken part.
                I have own cars. I've experienced the joy that is gas prices (back when they were only about $2.50) but I had the advantage of living near my family's car shop. I only had to pay for the repairs from my last fender bender. Now I live 500 (?) miles away.
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• *sighs* Sherlock Holmes never once uttered the words "Elementary, my dear Watson." in the original books by Conan-Doyle. Why do people still insist he did?
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• My trip to the supermarket today included this gem of an experience:

Went into the ladies' room. First stall: Backed up with what looked like an entire 2 rolls of toilet paper, so much paper that it was actually hanging out and dangling on the floor. Second stall: As I approach I realize THE DOOR IS STILL OPEN even though someone was using the toilet! "I just had to go so bad, I couldn't reach the door," says a voice. Um, NO. You had to pass the door to get in there!! The stall is so small you can actually reach the door while you're sitting on the can, so you could have closed it! Arrrgggh....
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Oh god *gags* Skunk + Spray + central air unit. Now the smell is EVERYWHERE in the house. *gags*
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Thought we may have had to have one of the guinea pigs put to sleep today.... but she's getting better
                        Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

• Is it wrong that I want to learn to play the electric guitar just to be able to play video game music?

Comment

• I found out I have ulcers in my nose..I didn't even know that was possible.

Comment

• Quoth Mytical
                              I found out I have ulcers in my nose..I didn't even know that was possible.
                              What? Huh? *confused*
                              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• That was my reaction when the doctor told me. Still no clue how one gets ulcers in the nose.

Edit : Never should have started trying to find out about this..has me worried I have Lupus now. Dang self diagnoses .. Bad Mytical, Bad, Bad Mytical!
                                Last edited by Mytical; 06-16-2011, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X