No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I literally burst into tears listening to The Magnus Archives because I was so happy Jon rescued sweet, gentle Martin and everyone was happy & content for 2 minutes before it all went to &$#@.

You have 40 episodes to fix this, weirdo British people.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Who is Magnus and Jon and Martin? British person knows nothing of this...

And kittish l could show you a picture of a pineapple that would make you want to avoid it for ever...especially in a fruit salad
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• That's ok, US-ian person here doesn't know either. (I mean, Magnus is one of the names for the Xmen's Magneto, and Jon is the name of Garfield's owner...)
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• The Magnus Archives is a weekly horror fiction anthology podcast examining what lurks in the archives of the Magnus Institute, an organisation dedicated to researching the esoteric and the weird. Join new head archivist Jonathan Sims as he attempts to bring a seemingly neglected collection of supernatural statements up to date, converting them to audio and supplementing them with follow-up work from his small but dedicated team.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
            I used to think the first line in the closing song lyrics was "Jukebox bartender, tonight!"

They may as well be. Apparently the lyrics are just jibberish anyway.
            From Wikipedia:

The closing theme was a different song with more of a hard rock sound performed by Atlanta musician Jim Ellis, played over scenes from the episodes followed by a still photo of the Cincinnati skyline.[28][29] Ellis recorded the song as a demonstration for Wilson, and as he had not yet written lyrics for it, Ellis mumbled nonsense words. Wilson chose to use the demo version because he found the gibberish lyrics funny and a satire on the unintelligible lyrics of many rock songs. Wilson also knew that the lyrics would not be heard clearly in any event, as a CBS announcer always talked over the closing credits of the network's shows.[30]
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• I was putting clothes in the dryer when I suddenly realized I knew the ending to my splatterpunk romance vampire novella and I guess I better get on that soon.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• What's the difference between novels and novellas?
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• Quoth Kristev View Post
                  What's the difference between novels and novellas?
                  In a word, length. Here is a discussion.

Comment

• Thank you.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• Anyone else keep fruit in the fridge? Apparently this is weird, according to offline friends, but I like apples and oranges cold!
                      Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                      They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• Your friends are the weird ones.
                        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                        Save the Ales!
                        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Agreed, I keep apples and oranges in the fridge.

Another food question: what is the proper way to eat halva? I see it at the supermarket and it just looks like a block of cheese. Are you supposed to spread it on things like crackers, or just cut it into slices or cubes?
                          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                            Another food question: what is the proper way to eat halva? I see it at the supermarket and it just looks like a block of cheese. Are you supposed to spread it on things like crackers, or just cut it into slices or cubes?
                            Yep, just cut slices off and eat.

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                              Anyone else keep fruit in the fridge? Apparently this is weird, according to offline friends, but I like apples and oranges cold!
                              I keep mandarins, grapes, pineapple, strawberries, and others in the fridge. I don't keep bananas, apples and dates in the fridge.

Comment

• Dates in the fridge could be fun... you'd be able to just chill....
                                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                                X