Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we just had to pack away most of mine so we can keep oranizing the house..we moved in 1.5 yrs ago..Stuff is still in boxes

My main three is Spining, Knitting/Crochet, and sewing. So Fiber..lots and lots of fiber One of these days I want to get a weaving loom..

Mr Evil is a writer so a book horder comes with him. So he has wrap around shelves in his office,two bookcases in our bedroom, two in my office, and two in our den...granted some are mine too but its mostly his...thats my story and Im sticking to it

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Well, I'm not sure I can really afford it, myself, but it's not going to make me miss any meals, so I went for it.

^-.-^
      I hear you there. I'm not buying myself anything special though, until the Horrible Whiteboard List of Things We Owe gets significantly smaller. :<

...sigh.
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Obsessions? What obsessions?

Mrs. IA should be posting this. She's the one that complains about the space my obsessions take up, not that I have any.

First there's the movies. Over 1600 at last count. Then there is my Lego collection, which takes up half of a single car garage. Half of the reminder is devoted to N-scale model trains, mostly Japanese protoytpes. And over 100 jigsaw puzzles.

40+ Civil War naval games, with related miniatures and models, and over 200 related books, plus another 110 games. Hundreds (maybe thousands) of other books on all topics.

370 computer games, down from a high of 832.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Books, partly.

But mostly beads and other jewelry parts. Can't take pics but there are several large boxes filled with bags filled with.....beads, beads and more beads.

Now 'scuse me while I go peruse my favorite bead websites...
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

For quite a few years, it has been GURPS a tabletop roleplaying game. Even though I'm a social phobe and gaming with actual people is difficult to impossible, making imaginary worlds and characters helped me through a tough patch when I was young.

Diet Pepsi. I drink enough to scare lesser mortals. It's just the perfect drink for me, since it was the first normal thing I could ingest after years of digestive problems linked to my serotonin levels.

My two cats, Timmy and Shia. They keep me sane-ish living mostly alone.

World Of Warcraft. Cheap per month and can be played for long periods of time at all hours of the day. Great for people with no life.

Comment

<.< >.> <.< Obsessions?
              Games mainly RPG's, LEGO, WoW, WoT, Books and Food

Comment

Quoth Kazim View Post
                <.< >.> <.< Obsessions?
                Games mainly RPG's, LEGO, WoW, WoT, Books and Food
                Yay! Another Lego fan. Have you been to BrickFair?
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Model planes. It's more or less the same as what protege said about model cars. My room looks like the world's largest air force base/naval air station/starbase....in 1/72 scale. PLus there's a shitload of them hanging from the ceiling.
                  "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                    Model planes. It's more or less the same as what protege said about model cars. My room looks like the world's largest air force base/naval air station/starbase....in 1/72 scale. PLus there's a shitload of them hanging from the ceiling.
                    I used to have a ton of models, pretty much of every type. Now, it's just select scifi models and some WWII 1/144 pieces I use for games (when I can find them. 1/144 is such a pain to get now...)
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I'd post pics if my phone could still send them... Oh well.

I've collected games for the past few years. Bought an old N64 with 2 controllers, cables, and 17 games, all for $20. Then a variety of gameboy, DS, Gameboy color, and 3DS games.

Then... There's my pokemon plushie collection... Damned if I can remember how many I have. I think I'm approaching 30. I have two large shelves just to hold them all.

And then I'm starting a new collection of 3D Crystal Puzzles. These aren't simple jigsaw puzzles. The pieces actually make a 3 dimensional object. I only have two now, but I'll probably get more after Christmas comes around.
                      Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

No Brickfair for me sadly, can't afford the tickets from sweden, even though i don't have any Lego left atm, i've sold off about 150 Kg worth in total, there are quite a few models i really want, but can't afford, niether in space nor on money's

Comment

Books, books, books.

Currently I have become a bit of a WW2 nut - reading loads of books on the subject.

Also Star Trek, Doctor Who, James Bond, Buffy - although they are mostly in the past.
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Maybe DVD's? Although I did a huge DVD and book purge this year. And I'm periodically getting rid of beanie babies at carboot sales. I've had several large clearouts. So whilst I have lots of things, they don't really take up the same amount of room. Even the piles of writing books are in boxes now.
                            "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                              Now, it's just select scifi models and some WWII 1/144 pieces I use for games (when I can find them. 1/144 is such a pain to get now...)
                              If you ever get the chance, hit up A.B. Charles in Pittsburgh. They have quite a few 1/144 kits lying around. You never know what will show up in that place--I picked up a 1/12 scale Porsche 935 by Tamiya (great kit, BTW), awhile back. But, most of my cars are out-of-production items. The more obscure, the better--Mazda RX3, anyone? Not all cars in the workshop though. There are a few planes, my HO scale train layout...and of course the Legos. Sadly, I don't have room to set up the entire town.
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                                If you ever get the chance, hit up A.B. Charles in Pittsburgh. They have quite a few 1/144 kits lying around. You never know what will show up in that place
                                Thanks for the tip! I manage to get down to Pittsburgh on a semi-regular basis, so I'll take a look!
                                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                                X