Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a little of both to be honest, though it seems to vary quite wildly these days.

I did a little digging around out of curiosity, some people seem to remove the clause but only AFTER the dispute period has passed (I believe in the case of paypal it is 45 days?), others simply keep the clause in for their own safety since they do not know what clauses the bank/credit card company the client is with has.
    Violets are blue,
    Roses are red,
    I bequeath to thee...
    A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
      I would assume not.

Client "pays in full."
      Clause is removed.
      Client takes all the stuff and puts it on a different server, proceeds to do what the "client" did in the original post: File disputes on the payment to get their money back.
      This is where you have a requirement that the site be hosted on your server for at least twice as long as when a chargeback is possible, so that if they do charge back, you will have retained the proof.

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
        It's a little of both to be honest, though it seems to vary quite wildly these days.

I did a little digging around out of curiosity, some people seem to remove the clause but only AFTER the dispute period has passed (I believe in the case of paypal it is 45 days?), others simply keep the clause in for their own safety since they do not know what clauses the bank/credit card company the client is with has.
        Paypal dispute period is 90 days.

Chargeback through credit card companies can be done up to a year later.
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
          I would assume not.

Client "pays in full."
          Clause is removed.
          Client takes all the stuff and puts it on a different server, proceeds to do what the "client" did in the original post: File disputes on the payment to get their money back.
          I didn't think of that, you have a good point.

Comment

UPDATE:

JF is on his site. Right now. And is bragging in his site's chat about the design, and posting news about the brand new customization, and how the site is going to take off.

I called up paypal, and insisted that they go and look at his site. "Is that him talking right now?....oh wow. I'm taking a screenshot and making notes about this. I'll get this to our chargeback dept right away....this is fraud."

YES THIS IS WHAT I TOLD YALL BEFORE. /facepalm

Still not guaranteed to get my money back, but at least I've increased my chances a bit.

Comment

What an arrogant asshat, on top of everything else. I hope Paypal takes it seriously this time.
              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Duh! Would you have reported it before if it WASN'T fraud? Morons. I really hope they do give you your money back. And I really wish there was something more that could be done about him.

Comment

Quoth PhiSigGirl1988 View Post
                  Duh! Would you have reported it before if it WASN'T fraud?
                  Consider the fact that some people fraudulently report fraud in order to defraud companies of money.

Because of the dishonest people, the honest people like Seraph have to jump through more hoops to prove their honesty.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

It would be so nice if JF got himself a match set of chrome bracelets, on top of Seraph getting her money.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

If the chargeback isn't reversed, then JF isn't the only one committing a crime. They would be accomplices, no?

Comment

Quoth PhiSigGirl1988 View Post
                        Duh! Would you have reported it before if it WASN'T fraud? Morons.
                        Well, considering that JF reported that Seraph had taken money and then never delivered agreed upon services (I.E, committed fraud)...

Comment

Another Update:

JF has now made a social network page for his website, plastering pictures of the design all over it. He is also using the advertising materials that, technically, he has not paid for at this point.

I've submitted a link to it to PayPal....the phone rep was very nice, and said that he really hoped the cc company wouldn't side with this guy. He sounded pretty angry, honestly.

Comment

When a CC company does a chargeback that's not warranted, can't paypal lock the money and refuse to give it back? Because since paypal sided with Seraph BEFORE the chargeback, it should never have been allowed to happen, right?

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                              When a CC company does a chargeback that's not warranted, can't paypal lock the money and refuse to give it back? Because since paypal sided with Seraph BEFORE the chargeback, it should never have been allowed to happen, right?
                              Logically, it should mean that, but CC companies are "above the law". Sigh.

Comment

Can't you go to the Social Network site and get his site shut down for stealing your property? Since he's not paid for it, it is piracy right?

Comment

Working...
                                X