This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
    Many (lol) years ago, one of my friends made a screen name of Rae "Spare Tire" Carruth.
    I was wondering if anyone would get that reference. Glad you did!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Sounds an interesting idea! I'd like to take David Cameron, Rhianna, and Lewis Hamilton if they haven't already gone.
      "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

None of them are taken, but I am afraid you are going to have to specify WHICH Lewis Hamilton: the footballer or the race car driver.

And congratulations--you are the first one to make me look up ALL THREE of your selections.

EDITED TO ADD: Just thought of this. Whenever any scandal occurs, I shall PM all the people participating to let them know about it and who in the Pool had that celebrity. Yes, I am keeping a list of everyone's picks.
        Last edited by Jester; 12-15-2008, 08:10 PM.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Off the top of Irv's noggin:

Jamie Lynn Spears (Britney's too easy)

Vanessa Hudgens

And from the political realm, Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Hell, I'm in:

Al Franken Should be interesting since he wants to be a politico all of a sudden.

Joe Biden Obama's VP--Always good for scapegoating, and he's got a big mouth to boot!

Jesse Jackson Jr. Papa's already crazy, and Jr needs to make a name for himself. A winning combo!
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Hmmm...2009? Someone already picked my top choice so I gotta go with

Hillary Clinton - with how many waves Obama is making through the "old school" democrats, there's no way that cow's been milked dry.

David Miscavige - Current president of the Church of Scientology which is getting heat from every angle right now

Lindsey Lohan - because you always put money on the best odds
              "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Scandals don't have to be sex and/or drugs. They can very easily be something else, political or otherwise.

If you don't believe me, ask the current Governor of Illinois (selling Senate seat),
                Or the Governor of Illinois before him, George Ryan (?) who was Republican and did jail time for... something or other.

I guess in Illinois you have to have committed felonies before you can become Governor, or at least swear to commit several felonies during the Oath of Office.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'll Bite.

Britney Spears

John McCain

The Pope (Benedict XVI)
                  Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

Many of the goods one's have been taken but here's my dream team:

Bill O'reilly

Zac Efron

Elisabeth Hasselbeck
                    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Hillary Duff
                      Brad Pitt
                      Dakota Fanning
                      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Lessseeeee...I'm going to pick

Heidi Montag She's going strong, man!

Simon Cowell Cause he's an ass.

Katie Holmes I'm waiting for her to snap.
                        Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                          Richard Hammond
                          Hehehe, I was just thinking Jeremy Clarkson.

I'm going to go with ...

James Blunt, the guy's too sensitive, something's got to give somewhere

Michael Vick, there's no way he'll stay clean once he gets out

Angelina Jolie, I think she's just going to step in it this year and piss someone off

Comment

Damn, most of the likely ones are taken already. Ah well, I'll try:

Fred and/or Shirley Phelps of the infamous WBC fame - 'Ol Fred's probably fixing to kick off his rocker (permanently, that is) one of these days, and daughter Shirley's well-known for her big mouth, so either one has potential to cause a fuss.

Tom Cruise - Can't wait till this jackass finally goes down in flames.

Hugo Chavez and/or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - Big mouths. Big attitudes. Big jerks.
                            ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Right, I'm going to pick...

Cliff Richard.

Kofi Annan.

Jimmy Saville.

These aren't really based on expectations - two are based on what would be hilarious, and the last one is because he needs it.

Rapscallion

Comment

A couple of things I have been pondering today.....

First of all, for those of you making politicians your pick, please remember that controversy does not necessarily equal scandal, and politicians, by the nature of their occupation, run into controversy and opposition more often than, say, Jim Carrey.. Prime example: Barack Obama is bound to run into difficulties as President. Maybe even clash with the Congress or the Republican Party. That in and of itself is not a SCANDAL. Please remember, as posted in the OP, I, me, Jester, am the final Arbiter of what is and what is not a scandal. So if I say it ain't, it ain't. For those of you that think that sucks, two things: 1. My game, my rules, deal with it. 2. For any of MY picks, I will be deferring to my good friend and logical thinker Rapscallion for what is and what is not a scandal in their cases. Anyone have a problem with Raps judging my picks? I thought not!

Secondly, Raps pointed out something that I think is important, that being that we all get only three picks. If the new year draws nearer (or even starts) and I feel the Pool is not deep enough, we WILL be adding to our picks an additional number of celebrities per Contestant, the number of which will be determined at the appropriate time. I am going to wait to do that, though, as I see how this grows. Right now, approximately 12+ hours after I started this nonsense, we already have 51 celebs in play.

Oh, and Raps? Your third celebrity pick spells his last name with only one "l." Pretty sad that I, an American who has never heard of the man, should have to tell you how to spell Jimmy Savile's name.

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                                Lindsey Lohan - because you always put money on the best odds
                                Excellent choice. First "blue chip" choice so far. And since we haven't heard a peep from her in 2008, you can almost feel her crying out for attention. Or arrest. Whichever.

Quoth Trayol View Post
                                Many of the goods one's have been taken....
                                Oh no, there are still so many good ones out there.

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
                                Katie Holmes I'm waiting for her to snap.
                                Love the choice. She actually almost went earlier, but the Contestant in question changed their mind at the last moment.

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
                                Damn, most of the likely ones are taken already.
                                As I said above, not even close. Plenty of ripe pickings out there.

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
                                Fred and/or Shirley Phelps
                                Tom Cruise
                                Hugo Chavez and/or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
                                That's five. There are no and/ors here. Pick three. Period. (I sent a PM to AH regarding this, so this should be fixed shortly.)
                                Last edited by Jester; 12-16-2008, 07:41 AM.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X