This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um...

This is either absolutely amazing, or completely terrible, I haven't yet decided which.
    For set up, FES H and I are the only two on registers. We are both standing at even-numbered registers, and we are right across my counter from each other.

H suddenly starts filling me in on something, while I'm busy with a customer, so, I'm paying more attention to the customer (quell surprise).
    Afterwards, I turn to H, and ask her to repeat herself (it was dead this morning.)
    ("It was DEAD this morning?")
    H: "So, you know that phrase the card machine has after the customer finishes?"
    RJ: "The 'Please slide card', for the next customer?"
    H: "Oh, yeah. I just had a lady swipe her card after she'd finished."
    RJ: "Oh, crap."
    H: "Yeah. System stored her card info, and it used that with the next customer I had in line."
    RJ: "Lovely."
    H: "Yeah, I had to void the transaction, and re-ring it with her info. If you see SM, let him know I have a good one for him."

Twenty minutes (roughly) later, I have to forcefully warn a customer NOT to swipe her card again, as I was just waiting for her zip code.

In other news, I apparently pissed off a single coworker today by wearing nail polish for the first time since I started working there. *shrug*
    "I call murder on that!"

The Ministry of Crap Design strikes again!

Comment

Wow--my customers do that all the time and I always just ignore it. I'll remember that story the next time it does happen... That sucks.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
        The Ministry of Crap Design strikes again!
        Are they housed with the Ministry of Silly Walks?
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          Are they housed with the Ministry of Silly Walks?
          No, they're housed at Empirical Crescent of course
          Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
          Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

Working...
          X