Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're an Idiot, and are the other people you talked to.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're an Idiot, and are the other people you talked to.

So earlier in the day, ASM J gets a phone call from another one of our stores all the way across the country asking if we had any 80gig Zunes. Well! As it turned out we did, some guy had come into our store and asked us to order one for him since we don't normally carry them in our stores, only online, and he didn't have the internet. So we ordered one for him. From Corporate. He hasn't picked it up yet. Other store asks us if we can ship it to them because they have someone at their store with a defective zune that needs another one; no, we can't. We only ordered it because some guy requested it. But hey, they can do the same thing! They can order one from corporate too and it would probably get sent to them faster than if we sent it. Okay. Hang up. J relates this all to me because he thought it was kind of weird that they didn't know they, too, could order one from corporate.

Two hours later, another phone call. I answer it this time. Ohhh boy.

Me: ...sigh...
    IMC: Idiot man child. Cannot understand simple phrases, as we shall see.

Me: Thank you for calling Storename, how can I help you?
    IMC: Yeah, I was wondering if you guys could mail me an 80gig Zune? Your other store here said you guys had one.
    Me: Where are you located?
    IMC: Somewhereblahblah, Washington State. (note here we are located across the country. Literally.)
    Me: That's really not possible, as we can't do transactions over the phone. You can order one online, we don't normally carry them in our stores. We only have this one because some guy came into our store and asked us to order one for him.
    IMC: Well why can't you just send it here?
    Me: To that store or to you?
    IMC: Straight to me! You can put the credit on my discount card, and send it to me. I bought a (30gig) Zune and it broke, I need another one now.
    Me: If you have a defective 30gig Zune, they should be able to switch it out for another 30gig at your store there. If you want an 80gig, then you need to go back to that store and ask them to order you one from corporate.
    IMC: I don't want to do that, I want you to send the one you have to me!
    Me: We would, but we can't do transactions over the phone, at all. Besides, it'll take a lot less time for your store there to just order it themselves and--*click*

By that time, J was laughing at me. I don't understand why he would insist we send it to him, or why the other store seemingly didn't want to order it for him as we did with one of our customers, no problem. He also seemed to think using an 'authoritative' voice would scare me and make me send it to him. Too bad that doesn't work on me. When will people learn that no means no?
    Would you like a Stummies?
Working...
X