This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ktopmil View Post
    I can understand maybe getting quarters for their dollar, but I am NOT giving you ones for your twenty dollar bill.
    The only time I'll change a twenty is if they want tens, or maybe fives. If they've been really nice to me and I'm in a good mood, I'll give them a ten, a five, and five ones.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
      I don't get it *wahhhhh* I feel dumb now LOL
      That's Ok. You're not the only one.

*still waiting for it to sneak up on him*

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

For those of you not getting the pun - say the phrase "filet mignon" a few times. Particularly the first three syllables. A little faster. Got it yet?

Did I make it too easy?
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth symposes View Post
          The problem is people that buy only that junk. Or that buy very very very expensive foods like fllet menyon...
          Or how about people who pay for their groceries with food stamps, and then go up to the courtesy booth & buy a ton of lottery tickets? That used to irritate me big time!
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
            Or how about people who pay for their groceries with food stamps, and then go up to the courtesy booth & buy a ton of lottery tickets?
            Because they are poor and want deperately not to be poor and the lottery is a quick easy way to become rich?

Of course, playing the lottery is far more likely to a be quick and easy way to become poorer.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
              Of course, playing the lottery is far more likely to a be quick and easy way to become poorer.
              From what I heard, your chances of getting hit by lightning are better than winning the lottery.
              "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
              ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Why does it always seem to be many of the Food Stamps recipients are the ones that pull this type of crap? They are very strict in Florida and I don't think a bag of chips would have qualified for that anyway, let alone qualify for a cash back allowance.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                  let alone qualify for a cash back allowance.
                  The cash back is from a different section of the card, at least in PA, and they can get anything they want from it. And at my store, even the prepared food can be paid for with Foodstamps.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                    The cash back is from a different section of the card, at least in PA, and they can get anything they want from it. And at my store, even the prepared food can be paid for with Foodstamps.
                    When I worked in a supermaket any cold prepared food (like hoagies, salad bar items, etc) could be payed for with Foodstamps, but not anything hot (soup, pizza, etc). Like most c-stores we have a microwave for customers to heat their food in. Customers can pay for their food with Foodstamps and then heat it up. If they heat it up before they pay they can't use Foodstamps. So they either must pay in cash or we write if off. As anoying as this sounds it can be quite satisfying to see the look on an SC's face as I take their food away and shove in the trash.
                    Mon aéroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

I'd like to remind everyone that debating the value of EBT/foodstamps/etc or the people who use it is a Bad Idea as it's one of the things that gets threads locked pdq on CS. Keep it to the SC in the OP.
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                        PA probably does not have the horde of fraudulent recipients that Florida does. From what I have observed at Publix, these people are only allowed to use a card for certain items, like healthy cereals and other essential items, and no cash value either. In fact, Florida is probably the number one state for fraud on anything you can think of.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                          I'd like to remind everyone that debating the value of EBT/foodstamps/etc or the people who use it is a Bad Idea as it's one of the things that gets threads locked pdq on CS. Keep it to the SC in the OP.
                          Heh, honestly I have gotten food stamps before. When I had my third baby he had some health problems and had be sent to the hospital. That time was really rough, and we took all the help we could get. So I have been there. I also have some friends who just love to play the system. They were experts at it. I always felt bad buying anything that was not completely needed. I know from experaince though that some people will abuse the hell out it.

Comment

Working...
                          X