This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PuckishOne View Post
    Keep to the original topic of the sucky customer pulling the race card, please. Religious discussions and the like need to go to Fratching. Thanks.
    Actually, there was an annoying religious fucknut in the thread starting post.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
      Actually, there was an annoying religious fucknut in the thread starting post.
      And? Religious debate to Fratching, please.

Rapscallion

Comment

Having been in my current employ for the last ten months I have yet to have the race card pulled, which is quite bizarre, until I realise that I have dealt with so few people from an ethnic minority that I can remember each one.

However in my retail days the race card was pulled on a fairly regular basis. Quite odd really.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth SportinGoods View Post
          To her credit, she called back to the store before my shift ended and specifically asked for me, she apologized for what she had said and told me she was really sorry. She had had a bad day blah blah. I don't let this sort of thing get to me anymore.
          Good for her! I think it takes a lot of courage to admit your mistakes and apologize to someone you've wronged. So many people would have felt bad for a bit and then quickly forgotten about it. She took the time to pick up the phone.

I'm impressed.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            how about "Lord give me strength to not invoke Your name for the purpose belitting other people while trying to appear to be faithful."

I stand in awe of your awesomeness
            Last edited by Hopefull7; 02-07-2008, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
              Well, I am 'Black' and when I had shut down another 'Black' woman who was trying to use the 'race card' to jump the line to the register she demanded if I was from the islands, meaning one of the Caribbean ones. Evil one that I am I answered 'Yes' since she never said the word Caribbean. At which point she demand one, hoping I name one known for it's problem people. My answer (the truth), 'The British Isles'.

Yep, born London, England.

Shut her up, she stormed out.
              I love your brutally honest but total zinger of a response.

The one that I'd like to pull back, 'how do you know I'm not black?' Which while I'm facially as white as white bread, I can't say for certain past 4 generations that all my ancestors were only of European descent. Seriously, Great-Grandmother Myrtle Mae was an orphan, her parents might not have been of European descent. And with that seriously !@#$#-up custom, belief, whatever, that it only takes a drop to make you non-white, wellllll.
              Last edited by TryNotToBeThatOne; 02-07-2008, 08:37 PM.
              I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

White is Black is White

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
                The one that I'd like to pull back, 'how do you know I'm not black?' Which while I'm facially as white as white bread, I can't say for certain past 4 generations that all my ancestors were only of European descent. Seriously, Great-Grandmother Myrtle Mae was an orphan, her parents might not have been of European descent. And with that seriously !@#$#-up custom, belief, whatever, that it only takes a drop to make you non-white, wellllll.
                Seen right in my own family. My brother is 'Black', his wife is a very fair skinned blond 'White', all his children look like your standard 'White' person. The only clue is when summer time comes, they all get deep tans in just a single day. Yet, every raving bigot out there sure will insist that they are 'Blacks' because of their father even though they would never have a clue from their appearance unless told otherwise or meeting their dad.
                Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 02-10-2008, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I have a Black co-worker and we joke around a lot. He will tell me I did or didn't do something because he is Black and I will joke back that he did or didn't do something because I'm White.

I tell him he didn't want to pick me for work because he didn't want to be seen with a White girl.
                  Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Hold on.

Showing ID is not required when paying with a credit card.

Many Black customers think they get lesser service/greater hassles than white customers.

I could see her having an issue when you asked for an ID. She probably thinks you wouldn't have asked a white for ID.

Comment

Quoth Auto View Post
                      Hold on.

Showing ID is not required when paying with a credit card.

Many Black customers think they get lesser service/greater hassles than white customers.

I could see her having an issue when you asked for an ID. She probably thinks you wouldn't have asked a white for ID.
                      Umm hate to tell you but just about every single job I have ever worked where they handled credit cards it was policy. Signed or not, if we did not do it, then we could be subject to dismissal. The customer may not be required to show us their ID, but most store are not required to serve them either.

Comment

I have never been required to ask for ID by any store I've worked for. I think it's been posted by others in the past that if a store requires ID, they are actually going against the policies of the credit card companies themselves. I've only ever asked for ID if the card said "See ID" or some such, or if it wasn't signed. Just to cover my own ass if the customer wanted to complain.

I have a friend who is as dark as I am pale (and I'm just this side of albino); we always joke that whatever happens, it's cuz he's black. The waitress forgot his condiments? Cuz yer black. He forgot his umbrella and got wet? Cuz yer black. What makes it funnier is that he calls himself the whitest black man there is.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                        X