This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quiet night... only 2 stories...

The first one's not sucky, just amusing.

Customer: "Do you have a shower? Sorry, I mean do you have shower facilities available?"
    Me: "We've got a car wash..."
    Customer: "If it wasn't for public nudity laws I'd take you up on that."
    Other customer: "If you need a shower there's a caravan park at..."

I sort of understand the logic behind asking if we have showers available. We're on a huge site and have truck wash bays and so we get a lot of trucks, and some truck stops have showers available.

The second one could have gotten nasty.

There's this one regular customer who's got mild brain damage (result of a car accident, he also has a steel plate in his skull). It makes him loud, obnoxious and paranoid. But he also realises it and gets embarrassed and apologises, and because we know the full story we make allowances for him. I'll call him Bob for the purposes of this story.

Tonight Bob came in to use our payphone. He yelled "F*CKING STUPID WOMEN!" and hung up, it just happened that a female customer had some trouble with her debit card. She went out to her car.

As Bob was leaving the store a couple of minutes later, the guy that the other customer was with (this guy was the real SC in the story) leapt out of the car and yelled "Don't you mouth off at my woman!" Bob ran back inside and the SCs drove off. Bob was pretty freaked out by it, got paranoid that they were lying in wait to beat him up as he walked home, and hung around the store for half an hour. Can't say that I blame him really.
Working...
X