Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Overly-Compensated: This SC has a problem with their account and asks if they can be compensated. You check their account and see £60 of credit and a line rental discount for 6 months on there already, but they insist on more and get rude when you decline.

Comment

• How about this one...

The "Can I See YOUR ID" Guy: The guy who tries to flip the script to avoid showing ID for an alcoholic beverage.

The exchange usually goes like this...

Me: A pack of beer? May I see your ID please?
      SC: I'm clearly over 21... What about you? Are you old enough to sell me this in the first place?
      Me: *Pulls out ID (Just to humor the guy)* I'm 21 years old... But It's mandatory for us to card ALL customers who buy alcohol regardless of how old they look. May I see your ID please?
      SC: Oh... Well I was just making sure... Could you hold on while I go to the car to get my ID?
      Me:

Comment

• Quoth EnigmaticNinja3 View Post
        How about this one...

The "Can I See YOUR ID" Guy: The guy who tries to flip the script to avoid showing ID for an alcoholic beverage.
        How I wish it could go:

J2K: "That's not how this works. We have the booze you want to buy, therefore you have to abide by our rules. If you want your booze, you show your ID."
        SC: "If you want my money, you show me YOUR ID."
        J2K: "I don't have to. If I don't sell this booze to you, I'll sell it to the next guy to walk in the door, and you know what? I'll bet he'll show his ID without complaint. Want to take that chance?"
        SC: "You're a real smart-ass aren't you?"
        J2K: "Yup! Thanks for noticing!"
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• The Suspiciously Schizophrenic: Patient (or customer) enters pharmacy (any store) vibrating with potential hostile energy, shakily moves through social transactions with complaint after complaint after complaint until: ERUPTION!!! A Catastrophic Schizophrenic-like tirade of all of the ways you (personally), and the store (especially) are stupid, mean, rude, offensive, dishonest, slow, etc., despite meeting all of her needs, and placating her negative attitude & hostility. *Side note* Patient has no history of antipsychotic or antidepressant, sedative prescriptions; hence, the "suspicious schizophrenic".
          Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Comment

• The Walkthrougher: Tells you, step for step, what you're supposed to be doing. It doesn't matter if you didn't ask for it, it doesn't matter how long you've worked here, you are on the other side of the register and need to be told how to do your job.

Related: The I'lltellyouwhat'swrong: Will begin to tell you how you screwed up her (and in my experience, it is always a her) order BEFORE YOU FINISHED MAKING IT. I didn't forget the whipped cream on your Irish Coffee, I had just finished pouring the coffee and was getting the cream from the fridge!!!
            The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

• Best Buddy: At my store, this guy is in a mobility scooter so he's more or less easy to spot. Thinks that because you drew the short straw to help him once that you're now bestest friends. Will seek you out no matter what you happen to be doing at the time, and plans out his journey through the store to take up the most time possible. When faced with a BB, cashiering is a very good defense but be careful if you get off register when he's still in the store. If you try to get away by telling him "I really need to do XYZ" he says "Oh that's OK, I'll talk to SM and tell him you were helping me"

Will fish for information on anything if given an opening (religion, why I'm wearing a piece of jewelry, etc). At one point I was tempted to wear a collar to work to scare him off, but he might see it as a challenge

Price Vulture: The PV always has a circular from at least one week ago (and might have multiples if they like a number of different sale prices) and expects to get those prices. Thinks that a cashier can just type in the little number under an item and that's how rainchecks work--no, you need the blue piece of paper and it has to be issued during the initial sale period.

"Customer Is Always Right": Knows the store's "Price Accuracy Guarantee" policy and will abuse it as much as s/he can, and knows which manager to go to to get their way. Has even switched shelf tags to do it; even though this has been witnessed firsthand, they're still not banned.
              Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-11-2012, 01:43 PM.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                Has even switched shelf tags to do it; even though this has been witnessed firsthand, they're still not banned.
                Heh, I used to be a security guard & when people pulled crap like this I would have them arrested for fraud. Very quickly knocked that shit off!
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

• Our sale tags are only attached to the shelf rail at the top; they're very easy to pull off by accident and if you know how you can reposition them to look 'right' for a few minutes. The regular tags are slid in, and extremely difficult to replace without taking the endcaps off (which basically means taking the whole shelf down) or being really obvious.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I've been skimming through most of this thread and I haven't seen this one yet:

I don't have a cute name - but the people who don't know how to use their credit/debit cards - especially if they have a chip. I also enjoy the ones who will yell at me when the machine asks for their pin and they claim they don't have one and blame me somehow.

Comment

• Quoth Evamarie41 View Post
                      I've been skimming through most of this thread and I haven't seen this one yet:

I don't have a cute name - but the people who don't know how to use their credit/debit cards - especially if they have a chip. I also enjoy the ones who will yell at me when the machine asks for their pin and they claim they don't have one and blame me somehow.
                      Might I suggest 'The Pinless Wonder'?
                      Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

• The Deny-er: Their card is declined. They insist I try it again. Of course it declines again since no money has been put into the account between the time I swiped it the first time and the second time. They ask me if I'm running it as credit (or debit, depending on the result of a mental coin-flip). I humor them and try running it as the other. Still declined. "Does that card not work??" They ask. "Oh it works, you just have no money. Actually, you have LESS than no money. In fact, you have so much less-than-no-money that apparently you have been CUT OFF." ---Is what I want to say. But since I'm such a nice guy >_> I just say, "It's just declined".

Comment

• The Illiterate : I hand them a Diet Pepsi with the tab pressed first, then the regular Pepsi. "Which one's which??" "The one marked diet, is diet." Apparently that's not the right answer since they got all kinds of pissed at me when I said that. I'm calling entrapment on that one.

Not to be outdone by: The Colorblind : Hands them two drinks. "Which one's which??" "The clear one is Sierra Mist, and the yellow one is Mountain Dew."

The Procrastinator : Puts clothes on, leaves the house, drives all the way to my drive-thru, and THEN decides what he wants, while every car in the tri-county area lines up behind them.

Stevie Wonder : "I can't read the menuboard!!"

The Too Cool to Acknowledge You : Customer orders at the speaker, then pays you and takes the food without talking to you or even turning his head. I know you can talk fool, I heard you at the speaker.

The Thinks I Was Born Yesterday : "We're not drunk!! We're just really tirrrrrrred."

The Paranoid : "Please don't spit in our food." "Don't worry, we only do that when people ask us not to." I got so sick of people saying that that I now say that every time, just to mess with them.

Happy go Pukey : Passenger opens the car door and vomits in the lane. I'm so looking forward to having that in my field of vision for the rest of the night.

The Pied Piper : Attracts ants to our store by dumping out a soda at the window, and sometimes they even have the nerve to ask me to throw the can/bottle away for them.

The Pedestrian : Customer's car won't start either at the speaker or at the window, which means us employees have to push their car out of the way.

The Fugitive : Customer gets arrested while in the drive-thru. The employees eat his meal. This has only happened to me once.

The Math Whiz : Takes a number two where most people take a number one.

The Math Whiz 2 : "I said I want no lettuce on that!!" "See that little horizontal line?? That means minus." Didn't actually say that of course.

The Prioritizer : Customer's sound system is worth more than the car itself.

The Addict : Comes in every day for his "fix".

The Junkie : Scrambles and scrounges in every nook and cranny of his car until he somehow materializes enough change for one burrito. Oftentimes the contents of their car, as well as the condition of the car itself, reflects their junkie status.

Comment

• Quoth NightAngel View Post
                            The Singer:
                            S/he may or may not be your average SC. They may even be totally polite, prepared and wonderful overall.
                            You think that sucks? I had a co-worker like that.
                            Last edited by Ree; 12-20-2012, 01:00 AM. Reason: Trimmed quote
                            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• The only a manager can help me person- They ask the manager things like where is the bathroom? Because only a manager would know this. Guess other employees were telling them to crap in the fitting room.

Comment

• How about these (don't know if they've been covered yet or not):

The "Do You Know Who I Am!?" customer.
                                No, and frankly, I don't care. And they always claim to be someone very IMPORTANT. So important, in fact, that you should bow before them.

The "I know the Owner/Manager" customer.
                                Claims they personally know the owner/manager.

I've heard of both of these being used when a customer tries to get their way.

Most of the time they fail.
                                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
                                X