Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

drive thru hotel
Old 01-08-2019, 07:31 AM
Front End Supervisor

Default drive thru hotel

About a half hour after my audit shift started an older man came into the lobby and said his wife did something. (He was so vague about it all)

I asked him if she was okay and he did not respond. I asked if we needed an ambulance and again there was no real response.

Another guest came in and said we needed to call 911 because there was damage to the building. It seems as if the wife of mr. Vague had been disoriented and drove their car into their room.

Police, fire and EMS arrive and luckily nobody was hurt. The entire front of the room had been destroyed. We were very lucky that it was their own vacant room because the room next door was occupied.

The real sucky part of the night came next. We had to call some guys to come board up the room. They worked well into the night. While I realize this was noisy for our other guests it was very necessary to make it safe. There were wires hanging and glass everywhere.

Two guests did complain. One guy actually asked me if it was necessary - what were we afraid of - someone stealing a lamp? I had to tell him it was for the safety of everyone staying there. We could not wait until morning.

Old 01-12-2019, 01:28 AM
Cashier

WOW! I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'm also happy you didn't have to deal with blood and dead bodies.

Pretends to be SC: This wouldn't have happened if you had better lights/striping/esp, there is NO reason for people to be making noise when I am trying to call for food delivery!!!

Old 01-14-2019, 02:41 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth figgyx View Post
Two guests did complain. One guy actually asked me if it was necessary - what were we afraid of - someone stealing a lamp? I had to tell him it was for the safety of everyone staying there.
"Well, you're more than welcome to vacate now now without a refund and find another motel instead, since it's so inconvenient for you. Maybe a hotel on the water so cars won't come crashing nearby."

Old 01-14-2019, 09:40 PM
Bacon Whisperer

I've never understood how people can do this... I've put my car into drive rather than reverse before but I always hit the gas GENTLY to back out. Do people just floor it?

Old 01-14-2019, 11:37 PM
Store Manager

With some of the elderly, it's not unheard of to get confused on the pedals and try to stop. When the car takes off, they press the 'brake' even harder.
I've seen those barrier posts, 6 foot worth of underground anchoring, shoved way the hell over by one old guy at the parts store.

Old 01-15-2019, 07:09 PM
Store Manager

One of my neighbors (since moved away) drove her car into the front of our townhouses, 2 doors down from me. Given she was driving into the kitchen, I'm lucky she didn't hit the gas stove....

Old 01-15-2019, 10:41 PM
I'm not bitter. I'm informed.

Several year ago, we had what I can only call an epidemic of people driving into buildings around here. Only one incident resulted in someone's death, when somebody ran into a restaurant. With one exception, the drivers were all over 65 (and I'm 61, ok).

One old lady hit a small restaurant so hard she knocked the building off of its foundation. She was injured and her family was angry that the restaurant owner "blamed her" for the damage to his business, which had to remain closed for months for repairs.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:14 PM
Computer Geek

My friend was once hit by a car as she crossed a road, walking. She nearly died. A couple of weeks later, she found out she was being sued by the car's driver 'for damage to his car'. Yeah, it was squashed pretty quickly, but wow, the entitlement!

Old 01-16-2019, 05:03 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
My friend was once hit by a car as she crossed a road, walking. She nearly died. A couple of weeks later, she found out she was being sued by the car's driver 'for damage to his car'.
Please tell me she counter-sued for medical costs, loss of earnings and emotional stress.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:10 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
My friend was once hit by a car as she crossed a road, walking. She nearly died. A couple of weeks later, she found out she was being sued by the car's driver 'for damage to his car'.
Reminds me of that scene in The Crow, where a guy runs out of a convenience store and gets creamed by a passing car, and while he's sitting there on the road all dazed, the irate driver gets out of the car while bellowing, "You hit my CAR, ass-hair!"