Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sickbay

View Poll Results: Was I right to ignore the ‘nurse’?
Yes 34 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2019, 02:08 AM
No-Account Countess

If somebody knocks me down with a car, I want YOU there. Not that "nurse".

Old 01-05-2019, 06:05 PM
Loading, please wait...

"Nurse." Riiiiigt, no, she just watches too many medical dramas. I'd have detailed someone with some actual sense to chase her off the first time she tried to interfere and showed she didn't have a freakin' clue.

Old 01-05-2019, 09:52 PM
I'm not bitter. I'm informed.

I'm not medically trained but it sure as hell sounds to me like you knew what you were doing. I had some basic CPR training years ago and I remember they told us that ribs might crack when doing compressions. It doesn't sound like Nursie even knew that much, and suggesting you give the guy something to drink? Hell no.

Thank the gods you were there. You did good.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:05 AM
Till/horse trainer/instructor

It could be that the nurse was someone who worked palliative care or as a care aid. Technically they are just as much a nurse as the ones in the hospital but they are trained in a completely different way as their job has different needs. You don’t exactly get hit by a car problems in the palliative care or if she worked with elderly people with declining physical and mental health.

Giving a fu(k doesn’t really go with my outfit.

As the sh!t deepens I smile and buy higher heels.
Your a$s must be jealous of the sh!t that comes out of your mouth.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Make the stupid stop!!!!

I'd say that "nurse" is Nurse Ratched. You had far more knowledge of what needed to be done, and if you weren't there, and if only the "nurse" were there, he would be in a morgue.

You were 100% in the right.

Old 01-07-2019, 12:12 PM
Ex-Puncher of Tickets

You done good. Nothing that "nurse" did appeared to indicate any actual competence or level of training - suggesting that someone who shows indications of shock and obvious trauma should have a nice hot drink?! You don't put food into people that may need anaesthetic in their near future, even I know that! (Mostly from being said idiot being denied food, but that's another library of stories.) Even if she does now work away from the front lines, those lessons should be part of all basic rotations during training.

Quote:
Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
apparently being ambidextrous is a sign of being a witch
There's reasons why being left-handed was historically also known as being sinistrous. The left side is considered your sinister side... I can see that being able to switch seamlessly between left and right handed tasks would be considered witch-like!

Old 01-30-2019, 12:31 PM
Vulcan/Time Lord Hybrid

Maybe she's the kind of nurse that restores your pluck?

If she didn't know how to set up an IV she's no more a nurse than I am. My mother learned how to do IVs in nursing school, even though I don't know if she ever had to give them when she worked at the home.

Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast. ~ Ace Rimmer, What a Guy

Old 02-01-2019, 04:46 PM
Insomniac with Cable TV

Quote:
Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
- suggesting that someone who shows indications of shock and obvious trauma should have a nice hot drink?!
My dad complained that he hated the Brit aid stations, first thing they tended to do was sit someone down and give them a cup of tea ... he lost 2 men who had gut wounds [apparently explosions can pop intestines without making holes in the outside of the body. Who knew] because the sugar in the tea made the infections worse than just the normal gut contents.

I love being married to my hubs, Navy cross trained him as EMS - got me out of the hospital post op because he dealt with my wound care for the first month, and with the current 10 months of chemo and radiation/chemo side effects he has been great. I have had him give me injections, suture up assorted cuts after cleaning and he gives a wicked great massage