• Show
Clear All

• Arte Johnson, 'Laugh-In' star, dead at 90

Arte Johnson, 'Laugh-In' star, dead at 90
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

I have a sad.

Comment

Veeeery iiiinteresting.....
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Many have tried, but nobody has quite matched the rapid-fire hilarity of Laugh In. If you were just old enough to catch it on cable reruns, consider yourself lucky.
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          Many have tried, but nobody has quite matched the rapid-fire hilarity of Laugh In. If you were just old enough to catch it on cable reruns, consider yourself lucky.
          I'm old enough to have seen it in first run, and I consider myself EXTREMELY fortunate. I vividly remember then-presidential candidate Richard Milhouse Nixon leaning into the camera and saying, 'Sock it to ME?!'

Just a few years ago, I was watching an episode of Justice League Unlimited and caught the voice work of Mr. Johnson as Vermin Vunderbar. The voice was distinctive as hell, as was the 'Verrrry Interestink' and I began laughing, much to the puzzlement of Lovely Lady, who is NOT old enough to remember that particular era. I explained, but it meant nothing to her. She just never really saw Laugh-In, and of course it just goes woosh.

If you have Netflix, look for 'Still Laugh-In', a 50th anniversary special with many of the original cast. Don't delay!

Comment

I loved Laugh-In. And yes, I saw it first run. Amazing show.

Comment

Working...
            X