This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really, lady? Really??

Customer comes to my register today with six or eight (or 10, who knows ...) of those little clear produce bags, each one with TWO packages of chicken in them. I start to ring them out and she says "No, I don't want any of them anymore."

FFS, lady, you've carted them all over the store and just decided NOW that you don't want them?

And it was worse than merely annoying when a coworker told me they would all have to be thrown out. Once food has left the counter, there's no way to tell whether it's been tampered with.

(I dunno ... is that true? Suppose she had just gone back to the meat section and replaced them all herself? Tampered or not, we'd likely never know about it.)
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

There's a special place in hell for sucktomers who decide they don't want certain items, and always choose sliced deli meat or weighed seafood that will then have to be thrown out, instead of boxed or canned items that we can just place back on the shelf.

Comment

Could be worse, they could have put them back on a shelf themselves... Any shelf, anywhere, behind the tinned or bagged goods.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I don't think it's tampering so much as knowing that they stayed at a safe temperature. Once they are out of the cooler it goes up and bacteria can start multiplying.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I don't think it's tampering so much as knowing that they stayed at a safe temperature. Once they are out of the cooler it goes up and bacteria can start multiplying.
          Little from column A, little from column B.
          Seph
          Taur10
          "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

There was an article in the Herald here in nz recently about a lady that opened a pint of ice cream, licked it and stuck it back in, putting the video online.

Thankfully the store was tipped off and the compromised tub was pulled. She is now facing charges.
            Violets are blue,
            Roses are red,
            I bequeath to thee...
            A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
              There was an article in the Herald here in nz recently about a lady that opened a pint of ice cream, licked it and stuck it back in, putting the video online.

Thankfully the store was tipped off and the compromised tub was pulled. She is now facing charges.
              I... What? What was going through her mind that made her think that was not only okay to do, but okay to put Online?

I will never understand this idea that people have that "Online isn't real and nothing there has any consequences"

Comment

She's been charged formally. I believe it's a felony.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

She is a juvy. Last I saw, they are not charging her as an adult.

Her boyfriend, who was manning the camera, will be charged as an adult.
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                    She is a juvy. Last I saw, they are not charging her as an adult.

Her boyfriend, who was manning the camera, will be charged as an adult.
                    I'm guessing that relationship will go down the tubes pretty damn quick ...
                    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

AND there's now copy cat fuckheads doing it too!

It's not cute and it's not funny. You're all assholes for doing that shit, I don't CARE how old you aren't. My kids knew better than that by age 6 or so.

Comment

I know some SCs think they are going to hurt the corporation when they waste products. But one Hellmart store could survive 100 of pounds of wasted chicken by raising prices and cutting employee hours, so the people hurt by an SC are their friends and neighbors who work or shop at the store. Score one for the little guy! /sarc

Comment

The idiot's parents are probably going to whine and cry about how she's really such a good person, and it was just a prank, and she didn't mean any harm, and it was just A MISTAKE.

Nope. A mistake is when you, for example, grab the pepper instead of the salt, or something equally harmless. This was a CHOICE. She knew damn well she shouldn't do it. Jail time.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If she was charged as a juvenile, we're talking jail 'til age 21 at the most. I hope they bill her for the ice cream that store had to destroy due to her nonsense.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

“Lick the ice cream” has become a social media challenge.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/l...ycat-video.amp

There’s a more complete story in the N Y Times, but it has a paywall and may not be readable to all.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/08/u...cker-jail.html

Comment

Working...
                              X