This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Funeral Honors

As many of you know, my father passed away at the end of 2018. He was an AMH3 in the Navy.

Well, I'm having a good friend of mine make a display for the flag (I bought one, but didn't really like it).

That reminded me of this video. It's a video on how Honors are rendered at military funerals. This one is specific to the Navy, but I assume it's similar for other branches.

If you've never seen it, it's actually quite an elegant and dignified ceremony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Kp-TvwjeE
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

My husband did 20 years in the Navy, while on his various stints at shore duty one common 'extra duty' was funeral detail. Submarine Base New London in Connecticut had sent details as far north as maine and as far south as New Jersey - and yes, they do have other military bases there, but once a Submariner, always a Submariner.

Though as a final joke for my career Army dad, Rob arranged a Navy honors guard for his funeral [they had a 20 year running joke of sneaking Go Army or Go Navy bumperstickers onto each others car]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
    X