Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 07-12-2019, 07:04 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Quoth CyberLurch View Post
You have to understand that there is an immature mentality behind it. Some people's idea of 'fun' is making others miserable, for no other reason than they can get away with it. These are the same people who torture animals, and for the same reason. Sadists, basically.

And the sad thing is, their children will grow up to be exactly like them. That sort of ignorance breeds like flies.

And, worse yet, if the person who actually did that were reading this right now, they'd think that my description of 'immature sadist' would be validation of their behavior. Something along the lines of 'yuk, yuk, yeah, they hatin'....'
They're also usually sociopaths, who don't really take the consideration of other people's feelings, emotions, or opinions into consideration for anything.

I don't doubt there's schadenfreude/sadism in play as well, but a lot of it comes from sociopathy.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 07-15-2019, 07:53 AM
Geallta i ngra

Quote:
Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
I'm hoping that the front desk did their due diligence because my understanding is that stuff like this would see the guests paying up for the extra work.
Back in my hotel housekeeping days, we had a couple of guests decide to smear an ice-cream dessert all over the walls (we found the wrapper in the wastepaper basket) Even after cleaning, the walls were stained, so the room got taken out of the system while it was redecorated and then aired out.

That hotel never took a room booking without a valid credit card being run, so the guests got dinged for our overtime cleaning it, the cost of the decorators and a proportion of the calculated loss of revenue.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:54 PM
Paleontologist

I spent last summer cleaning the bridal suite at a friend's B&B. One day, I came in to find bits of shrimp ground into the carpet. THAT was fun!