Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 07-13-2019, 08:52 PM
Retired

Quote:
Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
When my husband was handling our friend's estate, he always told people he was the executor. Amazing how many people don't understand that means the subject can only speak to you through a Ouija board or tarot cards!
Ran into that same thing when I was my late aunt's executor. Got a call from the local newspaper after I'd canceled her subscription. I explained that she'd passed away and her house was being sold. So the person asked me if I wanted to take over her subscription, and I said no, as I live 6 hours away. Then she wanted to know if the people buying her house wanted a subscription, and I told her that if they did they could get it themselves.

I was being driven crazy by people who wanted to know when the estate sale was being held and/or if they could come in and look around. The lady who did the estate sale had warned me about this, so I put signs up on both doors,

NO, I DON'T KNOW WHEN THE ESTATE SALE WILL BE HELD. IT WILL BE POSTED IN THE LOCAL PAPER.

NO, YOU CAN'T COME IN AND LOOK AROUND.

YES, I'M RUDE.

Got lots of laughter from the ladies who were setting up the estate sale.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Computer Geek

After my best friend's mother died (shortly after her father died, too), she and her family were cleaning out the house. A door to door cable salesman was walking by and asked who their cable provider was, and my friend explained that the parents were deceased so they were canceling the cable package.
Then the salesman came up with this gem:
Do you know what provider they're signing up with?

*snort* Whatever they do, I suspect it's a 'cloud' carrier.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:29 PM
Seasonal Tax Preparer

Quote:
Quoth Ghel View Post
The call to social security was even worse. 40 minutes on hold,
Wow, Ghel. How did you get through that quick. I've been a hour or longer on hold with the IRS (granted it was during tax season, but still).
Was this their national office or a local one?

Who is John Galt?
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Old 07-16-2019, 06:29 PM
Insomniac with Cable TV

Astigmatic, and old enough that I am nearsighted as well. I absolutely detest bifocals, because of body issues, I spend a lot of time lying on my side nested in heaps of pillows supporting various body parts and reading ebooks on my android phone. I can manage reading on my phone with no glasses, and because the TV is all of 10 feet from me, I can watch TV with reading glasses, I really only need distance glasses when driving, when I use bifocals so I can read the dash. Oddly, I can drive in reading glasses as long as I don't need to read the signs.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:40 PM
Asura Mesmer

Quote:
Quoth taxguykarl View Post
Wow, Ghel. How did you get through that quick. I've been a hour or longer on hold with the IRS (granted it was during tax season, but still).
Was this their national office or a local one?
That was the national office. When the guy came back the second day, I had found the number to the local office. Got through to them without having to wait on hold and took care of his direct deposit right away.

I made sure to add the number to local office to my contact list.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:36 AM
Paleontologist

Back at the bent staple, I was the main person who called warranty companies and Macroshaft for customers. Some of the customers would find it very amusing when the reps attempted to talk down to me. I was never nasty to the reps, but they soon learned how much of a Bad Idea that was.

For example, there was the customer who purchased an extended warranty that was 6 months away from expiring. The warranty company (our old one) tried to argue that the customer's warranty had already run out, claiming that their warranty only added a year to a supposed 30 day warranty from HP. This was a TWO year warranty. Also, HP has a 1 year warranty on new printers, 90 days on refurbs. This was a new printer. The supervisor was kissing my butt by the end of the call.

Then there was the rep that could NOT get into his head that a laptop that completely refused to boot was NOT going to be able to bring up the BIOS. I actually went through the Monty Python dead parrot sketch with him, and then some. I also asked for a supervisor a few times and was told none were available. An excerpt:

"It's pining for the fjords!"
"Ma'am, I need you to press the power button, and press F12..."
"I told you, there are NO lights, no one is home. This is an ex-laptop!"
"Did you check to see if it is plugged in?"
"It is DEAD. It is a BRICK."
"The laptop is a brick, ma'am? We only work on real computers here."
"It IS a real laptop. IT. IS. DEAD. No blinkenlights. No power. It is FRIED."

Took a bit more of this before he finally got me a supervisor, who sent out a box right away. :P

Old 07-17-2019, 04:24 AM
stressed out broke pizza guy

Location: In the land of Green and Gold eating Pepperoni with an UZI

Quote:
Quoth Dragon_Dreamer View Post
"It's pining for the fjords!"
"Ma'am, I need you to press the power button, and press F12..."
"I told you, there are NO lights, no one is home. This is an ex-laptop!"
"Did you check to see if it is plugged in?"
"It is DEAD. It is a BRICK."
"The laptop is a brick, ma'am? We only work on real computers here."
"It IS a real laptop. IT. IS. DEAD. No blinkenlights. No power. It is FRIED."

Took a bit more of this before he finally got me a supervisor, who sent out a box right away. :P
I wish I could up vote this a million times. I wish I would have thought of this back in my tech support days

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Old 07-17-2019, 09:51 AM
Store Manager

Had to do something similar when my last phone died. LCD screen was complete toast. Idiot tech sends me instructions on how to reset the phone. This was about5 emails in, mind you, each time, I list out the problem really. effing. clearly. I pretty much did everything but take phone to their building and bludgeon someone with it. "Oh, it are broke! Why for you not say? We send new one"