This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth csquared View Post
    DO NOT piss off the pregnant woman. What the pregnant woman wants, the pregnant woman gets.

Words to live by.
    I have lived by these very wise words for almost 62 years, they have never failed me!

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    I have never, ever, ever, EVER wanted to touch a pregnant woman's belly. I mean, WHYYYYY??
    Way back, my very pregnant sister grabbed my hand and made me feel her baby kick. Not what I wanted at all and is one of the many reasons I stay out of arms reach from pregnant women. (I did get close enough to my client to wipe blood splatter off her arms and neck with alcohol wipes. I was very uncomfortable during the entire experience.)

Update: Today I spoke to a co-worker who was up front when the whole thing happened. He said he heard my client yell "DO NOT TOUCH ME!!!" and got around the corner in time to see the jerk grab my client the second time, her slap his hand away, him try to slap her hand, but miss, hitting her hip and then my client, lightning fast, picked up the phone and Biff! Bam!!, Boom!!!, the jerk was on the floor. Co-worker said my client was snake fast, there was no time for anyone to intercede before the jerk was bleeding on the floor.

Co-worker noted that my client used exactly the correct amount of force to stop the attack, but didn't continue the attack after the threat had been neutralized.

Jerk also sent his nice, polite but confused mother in to the office to finish his interview, and that didn't go like he planned as well. According to the interviewing worker, jerk is in jail awaiting trial because nobody is willing/can come up with the 5,000.00 bail. Because jerk in in jail, he's not eligible for food stamps or medical.

Mother asked if co-worker knew what had happened because jerk wasn't clear. According to jerk, someone just decided to beat him with a phone for no reason at all and he went to jail for damaging government property with his face.

When she was told what had happened, she got really quiet for almost a minute, then told co-worker that she no longer wanted to be jerk's authorized representative and that jerk was now homeless because she didn't want him in her home anymore. She thought she had taught him better than that, but if 40 years of lessons didn't work, maybe being homeless would.

Comment

Yay for Mom!

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
        Jerk also sent his nice, polite but confused mother in to the office to finish his interview, and that didn't go like he planned as well. According to the interviewing worker, jerk is in jail awaiting trial because nobody is willing/can come up with the 5,000.00 bail. Because jerk in in jail, he's not eligible for food stamps or medical.

Mother asked if co-worker knew what had happened because jerk wasn't clear. According to jerk, someone just decided to beat him with a phone for no reason at all and he went to jail for damaging government property with his face.
        Not wise to lie to your nearest and dearest, especially when they're about to represent you to the same office that you're lying about.

When she was told what had happened, she got really quiet for almost a minute, then told co-worker that she no longer wanted to be jerk's authorized representative and that jerk was now homeless because she didn't want him in her home anymore. She thought she had taught him better than that, but if 40 years of lessons didn't work, maybe being homeless would.
        Somebody crit-failed the First Rule of Holes....

Comment

I have no words. This brings tears of joy to a cynic's eye as it is the perfect ending to a perfect tale.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
            Yay for Mom!
            ^This

10 char
            AkaiKitsune
            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

he went to jail for damaging government property with his face.
              Not sure why, but this makes me smile way too much

Aaaaand just as a fair warning, I do need to officially remind everyone that CS does not endorse violence against customers for any reason (just in case any of you had anecdotes along those lines where you were the one who sought revenge). <mod hat off>

...Even if they earned it. Kudos to the lady for showing restraint/stopping once her point had been made.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've had some lady rub my belly when I wasn't pregnant, just overweight. I must've given her the nastiest look because she recoiled. I'd never seen her before in my life! I don't like being touched in the first place, but especially not my torso. And I don't want to touch anyone else's for any reason. I don't get it. So bizarre.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

One or twice when I was younger and hanging out with Neo-Pagans, I had people wanting to rub my head... I'm not even fully bald, just male-pattern. There was an older guy in the crowd who encouraged that when his own head was shaved (pretty skeevy guy in general).

Comment

I'm cheering everyone involved here! Except the jerk. Stuff him. Everyone else, pregnant lady, jerk's mother, Slave to the Phone, everyone else gets applause and confetti!

Comment

I once had a customer lean over the customer service desk to touch my stomach, and I wasn't even pregnant! She was VERY hurt when I recoiled. Nor even very much overweight at the time. I weighed about 130lbs. A few other people around that time were making similar assumptions. As far as I can figure, they saw the giant uniform shirts I'd been issued, and assumed. Or they could have been like that little old lady at CVS... -.-

I'm pretty sure I posted about it at the time. I'll edit with the link.

[Edit]: Found it! And another from around the same time. :P

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=6790 Little old lady story

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=44828 And at least this one didn't touch me.
                      Last edited by Dragon_Dreamer; 06-26-2019, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                        One or twice when I was younger and hanging out with Neo-Pagans, I had people wanting to rub my head...
                        I have a number of female friends (and only one male friend I can remember!) who have either shaved significant portions of their head, or had super-short buzz cuts. It feels really nice to rub the peach fuzz! But I always ask first, especially after another friend of mine had a chat with me about bodily autonomy and hugs.

Heh, in one case an old friend of mine, and I, and the friend's husband were sitting side by side on a couch at a party. They both had peach fuzz hair, and I rubbed both of their heads saying "STEREO!!!" (Fortunately, neither one minded.)
                        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I can recall only one instance of a friend rubbing my head in high school. I wasn't bald, he was just mussing up my hair. Unbeknownst to him I was using that "greasy kid stuff" at the time. He quickly pulled he is hand away saying "ewww."
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Never mess with Mama Bear. Even if she hasn't had the cub yet.

Idjit got what he deserved for not heeding the warnings, and good on Mama Bear for delivering exactly enough force and stopping there. And good on Idjit's Mama for effectively disowning him when she got the truth of the matter.

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                            One or twice when I was younger and hanging out with Neo-Pagans, I had people wanting to rub my head... I'm not even fully bald, just male-pattern. There was an older guy in the crowd who encouraged that when his own head was shaved (pretty skeevy guy in general).
                            I admit to rubbing my own bald (shaved) head frequently, but I'm fortunate that no one has tried to do it to me as well. Might be that I'm 6'2". Maybe they can't reach.

But yes, if a total stranger were to come up to me and try to rub my head without asking first, they'd get a pretty cold stare and had better back off fast, because what the @#$% are you doing.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I have to admit as an eligibility worker, mom's reaction made me giggle. A lot. A lot a lot. Like this made my very horrible, no good, very bad day much better. Not only because he thought he would be eligible for SNAP benefits while in jail but that his mother is basically done with her child for being stupid. I would have paid to see what happens when she tells him because I would imagine she would be working up a huge head of steam as she is waiting to see him. What an idiot. Stories like this make me very glad that the majority of our interviews are done over the phone.

Comment

I don't like to be touched, so I don't touch other people. I especially don't see the allure of patting or rubbing a pregnant woman's developing stomach.

Comment

Working...
                                X