This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phone fun

Customer is doing an home equity loan, and we need a walk through appraisal.

I call, customer picks up, and I go over the application details, verify he's good to proceed, let him know I'll be requesting an appraiser to call him to set up an appointment to view his house. I verify this number I am calling is the best number to reach him. There is no alternate number. Customer is retired and does not use email. As always, I warn the customer that the appraiser will be calling from a work cell phone number, and will call within the next 48 hours.

All is good. I think.

Few days later, the appraiser contacts me. The appraiser has tried to reach the customer multiple times. There is no voicemail to leave a message.

So I try to call the customer.
    Customer picks up.
    I explain the appraiser's difficulty in reaching the customer.
    Customer tells me he doens't pick up for numbers he doesn't recognize.
    Since I know the specific appraiser now, I give the customer the appraiser's number.

Appraiser tried to contact again.
    Customer does not answer.

I call the customer again. He didn't want to answer because his phone marked the number as unknown. The number I already told him was the appraiser.

Fine. I ask the customer if he can call the appraiser at the phone number I gave him then. Customer agrees.

A couple of days later, the appraiser lets me know customer has still not called.

I call customer again to ask about this.
    Customer tells me "I thought the appraiser was going to call me."

Okay, how about this. When are some good date/times for you? I'll reach out to the appraiser, coordinate his schedule with one of those date/times and call you back to confirm.

Customer: Oh, just have him come by whenever. I'm always here, and I'll just let him in when he shows up.

This works.

Until the customer calls the cops because "some stranger" showed up at his door...

Comment

And

Starts calling you demanding why he still does not have the loan.

Comment

Working...
      X