X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    Just...

You wonder just how a company with an attitude like that manages to keep employees at all...

Comment

• And people wonder why I have no desire to move up into management.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• I've worked for asshole upper management like that in the past and they always wondered why I quit on them with little or no notice as soon as I have something better lined up. They just don't seem to understand that not all of us are married to the company and would like to have something approaching a life away from work. Sure, sometimes things come up that makes you work longer hours than expected or coming in on a day off, but when it comes to family emergencies you're damn rights I'm not coming in - I will get my shift covered and then screen all my calls as I'm dealing with whatever emergency has come up. Even now I've got a 2IC for a reason so that if something comes up and I simply cannot make it in he will pick up the slack for me, and my current head office is well aware of that fact.

Comment

• Where I work, when my granny died, my manager immediately gave me the day off for the funeral and arranged cover for me. The callousness of the manager in the story makes me want to slap her.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Some stories really warm your heart.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• There's a snake in the office...

Well, that has never happened to me...
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Crazy lady is crazy. So which is it? Is the unoccupied property your "backyard," or are you not allowed to have pets, or were you just trying to distance yourself from a howling puppy, or what? Keep your story straight.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

• Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                  Crazy lady is crazy. So which is it? Is the unoccupied property your "backyard," or are you not allowed to have pets, or were you just trying to distance yourself from a howling puppy, or what? Keep your story straight.
                  I'm shocked the Sheriff didn't just handcuff her then and there when she admitted that:

a) she wasn't allowed to have pets in the first place
                  b) admitted she'd dumped them on someone elses property

Comment

• Proof that you're never too old to learn how to use computers.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• This reminds me of a lot of stories that tend to show up here.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"

Comment

• You beat me to this one, Kogarashi!

The "jaw drop" emoticon just doesn't do it here - I really think client was planning on pocketing the extra charge for early delivery after billing their client for it...

Comment

• Quite likely. I was just reading it and thinking, "honestly, how many stories have we had here that basically go, 'well I asked for A but I really wanted B and you should've just known!'?"

Comment

• https://notalwaysworking.com/store-n...-service/43479 - I'm with the customer on this one. It's one thing to charge for a bag (I understand why places do it). It's quite another to require customers to buy those (otherwise-optional) bags in order to leave with the items they've paid for.

Comment

• And this is where I'd justify invoking the oft dreaded phrase, "The customer is always right." if I were in that situation.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• This person dodged a bullet!
                                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                                X