This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Person wins €10,000 on scratchcard... and EATS the ticket

A passenger on a Ryanair flight recently won €10,000 on a scratchcard game, and, angry at not being able to claim the prize instantly, ate his winning ticket.

The (now unclaimable) prize is now to be donated to a charity of Ryanair passengers choosing.

Full story and online poll to determine charity here

C.
    Nothing in this world will ever be truly idiot-proof as long as they keep making more effective idiots... -EricKei

WHAT THE HELL?!

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry, and I am dead serious!

Comment

Quoth rageaholic View Post
      I don't know whether to laugh or to cry, and I am dead serious!

My thoughts exactly.

A couple of other thoughts came into my head.

1. The scratchcard was probably the most nutritious thing on the flight.
      2. While Ryanair inflight service is expensive, I don't think they make €10,000 per flight. Or do they...

C.

P.S. My comments are intended as humour only and are not to be considered Ryanair bashing.
      Nothing in this world will ever be truly idiot-proof as long as they keep making more effective idiots... -EricKei

Comment

I find the choices of charity hilarious. Other than that the guy's an idiot, for that much cash I'll wait until we're on the ground. It's not like I have anything to spend it on a damn plane.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Geez! What a sore winner!

I'd be happy to just to have won! (that's like over 13,000.00 USD, folks).

Sure, I'd be excited to collect, and if I exhibited any SC-ish behavior, would be in sheer giddiness, and not anger. I'd probably be projecting that I was in a huge hurry, to get the check in hand, via body language.

Heh, it would be a kick if he came back at them and said, "Well, you know I ate it, can't you just pay out once I go to the proper place, anyway?"

The response: "Well, of course, sir! We'll just need to physically process you as we would have the ticket:
          1. Take posession of you.
          2. Perform all of the necessary stamping and imprinting, etc.
          3. Retain you for a period of at least 3 months, then..... "

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

What an idiot!!

He deserves what he got....nothing!

Ugh. Seriously. Some people....synapses dont fire as they should.

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
              I find the choices of charity hilarious. Other than that the guy's an idiot, for that much cash I'll wait until we're on the ground. It's not like I have anything to spend it on a damn plane.
              Hehe...the eating disorder one is my favorite.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Chrismor View Post
                A passenger on a Ryanair flight recently won €10,000 on a scratchcard game, and, angry at not being able to claim the prize instantly, ate his winning ticket.
                Is he demanding his winnings anyway? Probably. Why the hell should he be rewarded for his idiocy?

The Stupid is strong with this one.

Oh, and I love the charity choices.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It's the same way in Vegas. First you win, then you crap out.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                    It's the same way in Vegas. First you win, then you crap out.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

wow...what an idiot. I love the charity options!

Comment

My personal favourite (and hence the one that got my vote) is eating disorder.

Will be interesting to see which charity actually gets the prize.

Also, I have to hand it to Ryanair, they know how to take the piss out of some (one/thing/company/government - delete as appropriate)

C.

Comment

And the results are in.

Below taken from Ryanair website:

Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline, today (10th Mar) confirmed that it will present €10,000 to Nottingham children’s charity When you Wish Upon a Star after 40,000 passengers voted in Ryanair’s online poll to select which charity should receive the unclaimed prize after a €10,000 wining scratch card was eaten by a passenger onboard a flight from Krakow to East Midlands on Thursday 25th Feb.

Ryanair’s connoisseur of cardboard ate his wining scratch card after he was advised that very large cash prizes (such as €10,000) must be claimed directly from Brand Force, Ryanair’s scratch card partner.

Ryanair and Brand Force are delighted to donate this tasty sum to When you Wish Upon a Star, a charity which makes dreams come true for ill children, after 50% of passengers said a children’s charity deserved a €10,000 windfall.

The result of the poll is:

1. 20,000 votes - Children’s Charity
                          2. 8,000 votes- Mental Health Charity
                          3. 6,000 votes- Eating Disorder Charity
                          4. 4,400 votes - Anger Management Charity
                          5. 1,600 votes- Gamblers’ Charity
                          C.

Comment

Good to hear....

Comment

Working...
                            X