This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Which Bob Fires a Client

If you get me out of bed at 6:30 for an "emergency", I expect a whole hell of a lot more to be wrong than you forgetting how to make text bold in Word. When I tell you three different ways to make text bold, I do not expect you to argue with me at length about how stupid the methods are and how much of an idiot I am. (Remember...it was you who called me at 6 in the morning in crisis mode because of the world problem of not knowing how to hit the Bold button!)

Then, four hours of complaining later, you only want to pay me $20 for dealing with you for the entire four hours--which is about $80/hr under local industry average for an "emergency"/after-hours job.

To top it all off, I later find out you uninstall the antivirus software I put on your computer to save it from the free smileys and 10 million toolbars that I spent three hours getting off your machine, only to hear you think repeating that job a second time is just worth $10. You said it yourself last time that your computer had the best performance it's ever had after I did all the work, yet you think that's only worth $10? I know a certain squad of geeks that would charge almost eight times that much.

Some people have the audacity to *gasp!* and act shocked when they find out I don't want to do tech support for them. After reading all that, I think it should be pretty easy to figure out.

Now you can see why I've already fired a client today.

Quoth Bob The Random Boy Wonder View Post
    If you get me out of bed at 6:30 for an "emergency", I expect a whole hell of a lot more to be wrong than you forgetting how to make text bold in Word.
    That sentence alone made me stop and facepalm for a good couple minutes.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Years ago

I had to tell off a client who came and banged on my apartment door at 8:00AM on SUNDAY!

I was not a happy camper. No matter what your problem (and his was not major) Sunday morning is for rest and rest only.

Comment

Working...
      X