This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't have to keep correcting me.

I ran 5 to 6 minutes late to my doctor appointment today. I could've blamed it on snow but it's my fault. The first thing I said at registration was that if they needed to put others ahead of me, do it. I was prepared to reschedule if necessary but they took me. I waited patiently until I was taken back when the nurse advised me I would be in the room a while because "all the other patients who were on time to their appointments are being seen first." It was the tone of a teacher warning a kindergartner but I responded with an enthusiastic "Absolutely!" At the end of triage she repeated the exact same sentence in the same tone. At that point I was annoyed so I responded that this was exactly what I had requested. Then she mentioned something about the snow and said that it was okay. Well, if it's okay, why did she keep scolding me? On top of it she kept trying to get me to schedule things I don't want to have done. I said that I have to be at work to see when I can request time off so she suggested that I come in before work one day. I was late getting to an 8:30 appointment. I told her there was no way that I was going to get in earlier than that! She suggested I have a procedure done today because I'm not working. That does not mean that I didn't have things planned for my day. I'm just so annoyed because she's pushy.
    Last edited by Food Lady; 01-13-2020, 02:41 PM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I would have said something to her boss, or told her off myself.

Comment

Working...
    X