This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you still running *this offer*

A while ago we ran an offer that was 3 for 2 on EVERYTHING in store. It was s nightmare running it, the amount of people who wouldn't believe the computer automatically osrted it so if they bough 9 things it wouldn't be the three cheapest, but the third, sixth, and ninth cheapest item. And the amount of people who didn't see the BRIGHT PINK signs advertising it everywhere.

FOUR MONTHS later I still get people arguing with the bill because of 'the three for two on everything offer!'
    'Urrm... that offer finished moths ago...'
    'YOU SHOULD SAY IT'S A LIMITED OFFER!'
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

If I had a dollar for every time I've had that...

Something was on sale last week or a week ago and customers come in asking for it. If I still have it, the price is different, and they whine. Or I don't have it, and they whine.

I had one guy come in with a tiny piece of one of our weekly ads. It had only the picture, price, and model number of a laptop. It was a pretty good price when it was on sale. He wanted to buy it for that price. One of my newer co-workers at the time was assisting him and brought the piece-of-ad to me for help. I looked it up in the computer and found that we had not carried that particular model for six months. Someone had managed to save an ad clipping for six months and thought we would still honor it.

And then there are the holiday shoppers. It's December 14th. A woman comes in and approaches me.
    SC: I was sick on your day-after-Thanksgiving sale. I still have the flier. Can I get *item* for this price still?
    Me: No, I'm sorry, that was a one-day only sale.
    SC: (drops any semblance of politeness) That's ! I want it for that price now! *Whine, complain, cuss, tantrum, swear to never return, storm out.*

Customers have no sense of time.
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Comment

Whenever I see something on sale, and I need it, I will go to the store. And if they do not have it, then it is tough shit for me, I should have came out earlier. I should call next time. Save gas.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

This thread makes me glad that my store doesn't do any outside advertising (we run in-store sales, but you can only find out about those by calling and asking for specials, or coming to the store.. we don't even announce them over the PA).

Comment

Oh, the ranting we get about the offers is insane.
          Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
            A while ago we ran an offer that was 3 for 2 on EVERYTHING in store. It was s nightmare running it, the amount of people who wouldn't believe the computer automatically osrted it so if they bough 9 things it wouldn't be the three cheapest, but the third, sixth, and ninth cheapest item. And the amount of people who didn't see the BRIGHT PINK signs advertising it everywhere.
            I have to say though, I am impressed that your corporate offices figured this out. Usually when I go shopping and there is a deal like that, I have to go through 3 transactions, because the stupid sales are programmed to pull the 3 cheapest things off regardless. So I have to waste my time and the cashier's time to get the best deal out of the sale.
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I get this all the time now. People point right at the window sign for 2 footlongs for $9.99 and of course ask "Have you still got that thar deal? You know, 2 sammiches for something like $10? ". Of course I always want to tell them that nope that sign really says 2 gallons of chocolate goats milk for 9.99 pesos. But I don't...but I wanna.
              The arches of the Gates of Hell are golden and the Devil wears big red shoes.

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                Customers have no sense of time.
                Actually, you could have just said "Customers have no sense..."
                ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

I had one idiot lady who missed the larger than 14 point print on an ad tag that said "buy one, get one" and was insisting that the product should be FREE as that was the word in the largest font on the tag.
                  Yes lady, We are not here to make money, just take our stuff, we don't care.

Comment

God knows we get enough of those.

We have people come in to the 7-11 I work at with these Foodland cards for fuel and always ask "Do you take these?" or attempt to pay with them.

When I tell them we don't, and we are not participating in that promotion. They get mad at me.

"Why aren't you? You should!"

Look on the back of the card...it says "VALID AT PARTICIPATING LOCATIONS ONLY"

They act like I'm doing something personal to them by denying them the ability to pay with a card we don't take.

Comment

Working...
                    X