This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quit...kinda (long)

OK, new bar is NOT working out, I'm going back to my old one. I was only temporary at the new one, just so I could be a bit closer to family and straighten some things out. Things are going OK now, especially now my best friend is a lot better.

But I am not liking the new bar. The staff and managers have been brilliant and welcoming, but the customers are EVIL. They aren't like the SC's I am used to, the ones I am used to were crazy, but they are the kind where I could walk off and laugh about them, but these new SC's take it to another level...

1. Well, when I started, a couple of regulars said that I stole someones job, seeing as I was a supervisor and there had been people that had been there longer than me that weren't. I was OK with it at first, but today...

Me: What can I get you mate?
    SC: YOU aren't fucking serving me! You are nothing but a dirty rotten thief! You stole someone else's job, people have been waiting to get promoted here for years, and you swan in and take the job! You ought to be fucking ashamed of yourself.

I didn't know what to say, I was completely shaken.

2. This might just be a little quibble, but it's doing my head in. I'm in the middle of serving a customer, when one standing next to him barks:

SC: Get my a pint of lager when you are done with that order!
    Me: I will get it when I am finished and it is your turn.
    SC: Just get me the god damn drink.

Now, if it was ONE customer, I would be OK with it, but I am not exagerating when I say it is EVERY OTHER customer that talks to me like this. After working an eight hour shift of that, you get really worn down.

3. I am in the glasswash room, when a customer walks in!

SC: I'd like a drink please!
    Me: Get out! You're not allowed in here!
    SC: But your job is to get me drinks! You're not making any drinks!
    Me: There are people serving on the bar, they will get you a drink!
    SC: Why aren't you making drinks??

This has also happened more than once.

4. An old lady walked into the bar.

OL: Hello, I'd like to book Christmas dinner.
    Me: Christmas dinner?
    OL: Yes, Christmas dinner, can I book it? And can you get me a Christmas menu?
    Me: We aren't open on Christmas day, so we don't have a Christmas dinner.
    OL: You're...not...open?
    Me: No.
    OL: I have 36 people coming here on Christmas Day! What am I supposed to do now?
    Me: .....
    OL: They are all really picky eaters as well, I was hoping you could help me!
    Me: I'm sorry, but we are not open on Christmas day.
    OL: What about my family? What are they going to do for Christmas?
    Me: I don't know.
    OL: YOU HAVE RUINED CHRISTMAS FOR 36 PEOPLE!

5. A group of hags came up to the bar. They believed they were to good to wait in line.

Hag: HELLO?? HELLO?? WOMEN WAITING HERE! ARE WE INVISABLE? ARE YOU NOT SERVING US BECAUSE WE'RE WOMEN? YOU SEXIST BASTARD! OR IS IT BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE WOMEN? YOU FUCKING FAG!

I told them to leave, and was met by more screaming of the word "Fag"

6. I finally left work, me and a co-worker grabbed a drink. A customer came up and started yelling.

SC: WHY AM I WAITING TO BE SERVED WHEN YOU TWO BASTARDS ARE SAT DRINKING?

Stunned, is the only word.

7. We left to go to another bar...the customer FOLLOWED us, snarling under his breath.

8. My ride home arrived. Customer FOLLOWED me to the car.

All of this happened in one day, some of the stories (people yelling things at me while I'm with a customer, being called a job stealer) have happened several times. This is why I want to leave. At my old bar, OK, the hours were long, it was stressful at times, but it was also really fun at times. I have been nothing but depressed in the short time I have been there.

I saw the manager and told her I had "found" somewhere to live, and was moving back to my old bar ASAP. She said that's fine, and I've decided to be nice and give her four weeks notice, rather than two.

I haven't found anywhere to live. I'm going to be crashing at a co-workers, I'm that desperate to get away.

I'm buying you a mental Hershey bar! And not one of those crap ass 'fun size' things either.
    We're going for the KING SIZE!
    (I'd buy you a mental Margarita, but I don't drink...!)

Ruined Christmas for 39 people, my ass.
    ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

wait, what?...who the hell goes to a bar for Christmas dinner?
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

A lot of people are mistaken in believeing that because we serve a small amount of food, that we are in fact a restaurant and not a bar.

Apparently the hundreds of drunk people didn't give it away.

Comment

OMFG is all I can say, BIG HUGS COMING YOUR WAY!

I really wish you all the best, really do. You put up with that stuff for way to long, you deserve MUCH better GOOD LUCK!
          I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

That's absolutely miserable. Are they slipping something in the water in that neighborhood? Diluted "hate" virus from 28 Days Later maybe? I've never been to a bar as a drinker, since I don't turn 21 til tomorrow, but when I start, I promise I'll never, ever be an SC. Bartenders seem to have enough pain to deal with!

(Yes, all you non-US citizens laugh at our late drinking age.)

Comment

6. I finally left work, me and a co-worker grabbed a drink. A customer came up and started yelling.

SC: WHY AM I WAITING TO BE SERVED WHEN YOU TWO BASTARDS ARE SAT DRINKING?

Stunned, is the only word.

7. We left to go to another bar...the customer FOLLOWED us, snarling under his breath.

8. My ride home arrived. Customer FOLLOWED me to the car.
              Dude, you should have called the police. That man was fucking disturbed. He was harassing and possibly stalking you, and you should not have to put up with that.

And Christmas dinner in a bar??? WTF???
              "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
                (I'd buy you a mental Margarita, but I don't drink...!)

Ruined Christmas for 39 people, my ass.
                Not to mention, oh, gee, it's only July! That farkwit (love that word!) still has, what, 5 months to find somewhere!

And I'll getcha that margarita. What flavor you want? We've got a small chain of local restaurants here that can and will make any, and I do mean any flavor you like!
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

>>OL: YOU HAVE RUINED CHRISTMAS FOR 36 PEOPLE!<<[/CENTER]

Wow, you sure have a LOT of power and control to be able to do that!

Seriously, major hugs to you for having to deal with all of that ... and for another 4 weeks!
                  I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

How does it feel to be the job stealing grinch who hates women and drinks on the job? I gotta applaud you for working in a bar and putting up with all of the drunks and weirdos. I don't think I could work in a bar, I'd probably end up carrying a gun to work if I had to deal with a bunch of rude, obnoxious drunks like that day in and day out.
                    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

You seem to have discovered a vein of 100% pure sucky-customerite. My commiserations.
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I wonder

First, the Christmas dinner. If you quoted her right it sounds like she already told everyone to meet at your bar!!! She is upset because she has to explain to all those people she made a mistake, she can make up a lie to cover her ass, but a number of them will clue in to the fact that you are a bar.

Second, so many sucky customers all complaining about your position? I think you have been setup by an employee who wanted that job for their self or a friend. And told all the regulars how you were stealing the job.

Comment

Holy wow... I mean, I know a bar is a place where people tend to go to get drunk and stupid, but... these people all sound like they were sober and hateful. And extraordinarily stupid.

I mean, when you go to a bar and you want to get drinks at the bar, and there are other people going to the bar and getting drinks from the bartender, where do you go to order your drinks? The guy in back washing dishes obviously! Just ignore the 'Employees Only' sign, that's just for people who aren't ordering drinks. DERR!

Hopefully your four remaining weeks won't ALL be like that, but maybe you can get a chance to tell some of these retards off before you go.
                          Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                            OL: YOU HAVE RUINED CHRISTMAS FOR 36 PEOPLE!
                            Far better that you ruin the holiday for the staff you'd need to work on Christmas Day.

I can't believe that the customers at this bar make the ones at your old bar look polite and charming by comparison.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
                            X