Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you people in az have no sympathy for me, im also a smoker but i live in california, and they have had a state wide ban on smoking, since the late 90's first only in resturants and then it was extended to every where we cant smoke with in 20ft of any opening of a public building and alot of the parks and beaches in the area are also putting bans in effect.

its a total bummer, they didnt even put it in as protect the childeren they put it in as 2nd hand smoke kills type of thing.

anyway, back on the topic of harry potter.

what kind of events are your stores going to have for the midnight release. i have a small flyer from the place i have my reservation at but i havent really read it just yet, from what i scanned over it, game type of stuff like a harry potter spelling bee (yah like im gonna take part in that i can barly spell most of the stuff i type, yay for having a built in spell checker and yes i choose to ignore most of the typos)
    "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

• We've got a Harry Potter thing going on at a local bookstore, and I've a friend down a few states who's working at a bookstore with like party (not to mention she'll be working an earlier shift that day, too). Ah, the stories that'll likely be told afterwards.

...actually, considering that I generally have Saturday's off, maybe I should stop by. Not an HP fan, but why not?
      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

• We're going to the one at the Mall of America this time. Last time we just went to a local B&N to keep it small & simple. Since this is the last book, we're gonna go bigger.
        "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

• Harvard Square is being renamed Hogwart's Square on Friday night, there are going to be HP themed bands, a restaurant will be having a special HP menu, all kinds of contests and raffles for pre-order books.

http://www.harvardsquare.com/newsdetails.php?id=48
          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

• Quoth Reyneth View Post
            What what what?
            Good thing I was going to go see it again anyway!
            Sorry, I was talking Chamber of Secrets, with the bit of Gilderoy's new book at the end of the credits.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

• I feel bad for my local Big Y. You know how, at the checkout of grocery stores, they have gift cards, "Feed the Hungry", cards and such?

Big Y has HP reserve cards. Those poor cashiers.

I restate: You can now reserve your copy of HP7 to pick up at your local grocery store.

I picked one up when I was there today jsut to make sure it was what I thought it was. Then I turned to the cashier and said "I feel so bad for you." She thanked me, and we both agreed that it couldn't be too bad, as this was the last one. So no corporate suits going "Hey! It was good last year 'cuz I wasn't anywhere near a store. Let's do it again!"
              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

• Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                I think avoiding something *just because* it is the in thing isn't a lot better than jumping on its bandwagon because it is the in thing.
                It's not avoiding it because it's popular so much as being so completely bombarded with it that you're just sick of the whole thing and wish it would go away.

I like the HP novels, but I still wish all hype of any sort would just die.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  It's not avoiding it because it's popular so much as being so completely bombarded with it that you're just sick of the whole thing and wish it would go away.

I like the HP novels, but I still wish all hype of any sort would just die.

^-.-^
                  And that, I completely understand, but I had lots of "acquaintences" that would joyously avoid anything that was the least bit popular because they felt it made them cooler. *shakes head* What's worse is they always wanted to hang around me. Talk about a subliminal insult.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

• I knew a few people who would like something because it was new and different and then once it became popular would rubbish it (X-files and Buffy are two examples).
                    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                    X