This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you are...?

Ever have a situation where you're doing your job, standing there helping a customer and some yahoo comes walking up seemingly out of nowhere and straight up interjects their opinion on how to do your job?

I was outside a grocery store, hooking up a Ford Explorer chatting away with the member and this douchebag comes up and says, "You do KNOW you have to straighten those tires out before you pull it up on the bed, don't you?"

I stopped, the member stopped, the member's friend stopped and we all looked at him sideways. I responded, "Yeah, I do KNOW how to do my job, thank you." But he was already walking away...

The member's friend said, "everyone has an opinion, don't they?"

The member said, "it's because you have tits and a ponytail. If you only had the ponytail, he wouldn't have said shit to you!"

I asked if they thought I should follow him into the grocery store to make sure he knows how to shop for groceries, after all, he's a man, I should assume that he doesn't, right?

How rude!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

It's cuz yer a giiirll!!

<tits and a ponytail...snerk>

cuz they obviously would hire you just for that...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

H-Hey! Guys can shop.. we just need pictures. With big, simple words.
      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

yes, and no strange items...they can't cope with strange items, like eggplant, or yogurt. yep.

when some jackass actually decided to 'coach' me one day, i invited him to step behind the counter and show me how it's done...surprisingly, he declined, then shut the hell up, and all was right with the world.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
          And a map of the store.
          This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

And if they change the store around, we're lost.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Unbelievable. People think ours is a progressive generation, but this guy proved it's anything but. What a douchebag.
              "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

We guys need to read and comprehend only two words for successful grocery shopping, and they are eerily similar in spelling:
                1. BEER
                2. BEEF

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
                  Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                  And a map of the store.
                  Quoth cinema guy View Post
                  And if they change the store around, we're lost.
                  Speak for yourselves. Not only am I perfectly at home in the grocery store, I have been for years. Hell, after my father died, I used to help my mom in the grocery store all the time. I got REALLY good at getting stuff, too.

So when she got together with my stepfather, one day the inevitable happened. She sent him to the grocery store with me to help him. (I was about 16 at the time.) He didn't think he needed the help, but he had no problem with it. He started at one end of the store, I started at the other. He had gotten about a quarter of the way through the store when he saw me, and asked why I was already down at his end. "Because I'm DONE." He was shocked to see that, yes, I had just covered three-quarters of the store and gotten everything on the list from those aisles. He said to Mom, "I've never seen anything like it!"

After that, he often asked for me to come along to the store with him....I think he wanted to assist me, don't you know.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Why do we need this thing you call beef? Doesn't Guinness provide all nutrition and food we could ever need?

Comment

Quoth ruffledbirdy View Post
                      Why do we need this thing you call beef? Doesn't Guinness provide all nutrition and food we could ever need?
                      Gotta get the protein from somewhere.

While I reckon for some folks Guinness is nutritionally complete, there are others who may reason that wine is actually better.

It is made from grapes, after all.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I can't tell you how many wives come in saying, "My husband bought the wrong thing," and needing to exchange it for something. Sometimes something pretty removed from the item the man bought. Then sometimes the husband comes in, "My wife told me I bought the wrong thing. " All I can do is hope they get the right one this time. I mean, it's certainly not every man that has trouble with specifics in the grocery store, but it's frequent enough to be amusing. Just reminds me of a joke:

I was walking through the grocery store, and I spotted a man and what looked to be his son walking the aisles with a basket. As I happened to walk by, I heard the man whisper, "You know, if we mess this up good, we'll never have to do it again."

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
                          but it's frequent enough to be amusing. Just reminds me of a joke:

I was walking through the grocery store, and I spotted a man and what looked to be his son walking the aisles with a basket. As I happened to walk by, I heard the man whisper, "You know, if we mess this up good, we'll never have to do it again."
                          It's not a joke. It's worked for generations.

Oh, and it's a secret, right?

Rapscallion

Comment

Guys like that truly hate me. TRULY, truly hate me.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

there is this really nice older gentleman(probably in his late 60s), who is a regular at my store. he always comes in with a small list from his wife, saying exactly what they need. but he is still afraid to mess it up, so he hands me the list(i don't mind. hes a nice customer who likes to joke around and its always about three items) and i go off to get it. he always says, well, if its wrong, ill be back. so far, he has not returned one thing.

but i do hate it when you are doing your job just fine, and somebody else has to say something even though you are doing just fine. a few weeks ago, i had just finished with one customer at my cosmetics counter, and another customer came up asking for body spray. i asked if they wanted Tag, or Axe(yes, i know thats deodorant spray, but alot of guys spray on them like body spray) or something similar. they said yes, something like that. so i tell them the two areas they could find what they are looking for. then the customer i had finished with a few minutes earlier jumped in and said,"are you looking for body spray, or cologne, because the cologne is right there." the other customers says,"body spray, not cologne.". the first one justs says," ok...just making sure." and walks away..... oh i was mad. i was doing just fine with the other customer. i don't know why she jumped in like that.....

Comment

Working...
                              X