Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in the street working a job one day in the summer when some teenage girls came by and gave me a big cup of ice cold soda. Later, I was taking a sip, when this green sedan came sliding in behind the line of cones and barricades. This guy in a suit gets out, stomps over to me and says if I am going to look like his men and act like his men, then I will follow his regulations about eating or drinking in public view. I told him to get back in his little green car, go back to his office or wherever it was where he did his thing and leave me to do my job. A few days later, my boss asked me if I knew who the guy was whom I had told to get stuffed, basically. I told him I didn't care if it was the Chief of Police. My boss pointed at me and said,"Ding, ding, ding, winner! Now maybe they will leave my men alone."

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
      As I happened to walk by, I heard the man whisper, "You know, if we mess this up good, we'll never have to do it again."
      Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      It's not a joke. It's worked for generations.
      Depressingly enough, one of my coworkers tries this crap. And even more depressingly, it doesn't work, it always has to be fixed later, and she still gets stuck doing the jobs she doesn't like, and still does them wrong to try to get out of it.

The strangest thing is that she's Reserves, but has no respect for the office chain of command. To say she is not a team player would be a gross understatement. Yet she's all puffed up because she's also military.... sort of.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
        H-Hey! Guys can shop.. we just need pictures. With big, simple words.
        Guy shopping can be a fascinating thing. I love it when my husband goes to the grocery store. When he comes home its like Christmas - I never know what I'll find in the bags, but you can bet its all kinds of things I would never purchase.

Comment

it's even worse where I am.
          I am giving advice on things that can AFFECT YOUR HEALTH. I am giving advice on herbal remedies, vitamins and minerals and have been fully trained to do so. Unless YOU have also been trained but the f**k out of the advice I'm giving, you COULD be responsible for causing some serious problems.

And the customers never believe me- fully trained, very high pass scores in my tests- but the untrained neanderthal grunting 'nah, this is better'.
          Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

I had this problem with some of my female technicians when I ran an IT department. Some faculty just could not imagine that the pretty young lady knew how to fix a PC, despite the fact that she was busy building her own Dual Processor Pentium-Pro Linux box while he was still trying to figure out Email.

Comment

My boyfirend does the shopping on the way home from work. I usually check the fridge, and text him what we need, and then he trows in a few extra items if there's something good on sale, or he feels like trying a new product. Works fine

Comment

Working...
              X