This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
    Well there's also the secondary MOS. Sometimes the speciality doesn't get used all that much, and they give you other duties. As a Tank- blower- upper (0351 Anti tank assaultman) I also got the side duties as demolitions (which I $#$#$ing LOVED!!! Don't believe me.. go see my YouTube of the 4th!!)

And yeah.. I'm a Jarhead!
    My brother was in military intelligence. In a unit full of Ivy Leaguers. He spent his years in Germany helping the commanding general's wife buy antiques. Then they promoted him to helping plan their dinner parties, including selecting menus and the wine list.

The general and his wife got to be so fond of him, they rigged it that he got named soldier of the year.

I used to kid him about what kind of MOS is antique-buying and selecting red wines.

But that's the military for you.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Exactly. And if you have an official alias, you're going to have a driver's license and social security card to go along with it. Does he give this bull* to the cops when he gets pulled over for speeding?
      Cops probably wouldn't fall for it, I'm sure eventually they'd learn how to tell even the issued ID's apart in the system.

One of the funniest stories I've got is about 13 years ago, my mom reported a car to the local RCMP detachment because it was speeding through a school zone. She got the make and licence plate number. She was later informed that it was a CSIS (Canadian Security and Intelligence Service) vehicle, and it was very interesting as the RCMP wasn't informed that there would be anyone in town (wasn't simply on his way through, as the part of town was well apart from going to anywhere) (also, RCMP are traditionally jealous of their territory when it comes to CSIS, as before CSIS was created, the RCMP handled everything they did). Apparently the driver ended up being sent out of country so that a ticket/summons couldn't be issued so there wouldn't be a record of his presence and the RCMP couldn't pull him in for questioning.

And for anyone wondering why the RCMP bothered telling my mom all this, her Dad was RCMP, so she made a habit of being at least friendly with all the officers in the area, and the RCMP kinda found the situation funny.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

FYI There is no MOS in the Navy. Enlisted have a Rating.

I was a Gas Turbine System Technician (Mechanical) or GSM
        also known as a Grease Monkey, Glorified Sex Machine, God Sent Mechanic, etc.

Other ratings are BT (Boiler Tech), HT (Hull Tech), MM (Machinists Mate), BM (Boatswains Mate), etc.

If you ask a Navy guy what is job was, you might get a generic "I was a mechanic" or something. To get the scammers, ask for his/her rank and rating, the reply will be something like GSM3, or BM1, or Hull Tech 2nd Class, or Chief Machinist Mate (MMC).

This end this Public Service Announcment

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
          I love Marines, they know how to get things done. I guess I have a thing for men in uniform...
          yah me too, but just to look at, haveing been around them all my life i just didnt want to date them, my ex fiance was a marine, but he was an acception because he was also my highschool boyfriend.

and yes i see the flaw in the guys logic of trying to rob a navy federal i mean what kind of freak does that kind of think and thinks that he would actually get away with it.

from what i remember they said the guy didnt make a fuss at all he just robbed the bank silently, but as i said before because of his choice of uniform he tipped every one off as to what he was doing. i guess the guy really wanted to get caught.
          "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Working...
          X