This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Oh boy. I can see I am going to be very popular when I say this, but.....

There ARE times when sweaty money is unavoidable, and that does NOT make the customer an SC.
    I totally understand where you're coming from on this, but, on the other hand...when I am in a situation like this (when I go rollerblading or hiking, or to places like Great America) and I know I'll be sweaty with limited pockets, I put everything (ID, cash, etc) in a Ziploc baggie and shove that somewhere--waistband, sock or cleavage. That way, it's stored, but it is still dry and clean-ish. Just playing devil's advocate here, so don't be mad at me.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Dude, they actually do have wraparound velcro wrist wallets. Or they did at one time. That would be your best bet, of course, but even those could (a) chafe and (b) not always keep the money dry.
      True, but wrist-sweat isn't nearly as gross as sweat from socks, shorts, bosom, armpits or other places folks keep their money. If the wrist wallet could be made with a soft terrycloth outside and lined inside with water-proof nylon, it might work without chafing or wetting the money.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Sweat is sweat is sweat.

That being said, sweat from the extremities is less distasteful than sweat from the torso. Except for feet sweat, which is just plain disgusting.

But sometimes, it's unavoidable. If you're out being active on a hot day, everything is going to be damp. Amusement parks are always full of people with damp cash. Most of it has been kept in back pockets, and most of it is not wet from the rafting ride.

Quoth Sharsarannon View Post
        I have this for Conventions, traveling, and when my outfit justifies it. It is awesome. No sweatiness, no fumbling for my wallet, and it looks pretty darn cool- or so it seems, I keep getting compliments about it.
        http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/bags/918a/
        Now that is just cool. If I had the money, I'd get one of those. Women's jackets are woefully lacking in pockets compared to men's. It's beyond annoying. Like we're supposed to have purses, so we don't need as many pockets.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
          A 'gentleman' came up to my till today to buy some cod liver oil and something else, he had a note in his hand and I thought he'd pay with that- as he got closer I saw it was only a £5, so not enough. No, he'd been holding a £10 between his TEETH, folded up, and paid me with a damp, slobbered on £note. I think I managed to keep the look of utter disgust off my face, as I tried to unfold it with as little skin touching the note as possible.
          You know what would be hilarious (if it weren't for the gross and disgusting threat of acquiring internal toxic cooties)?
          Lick every last bit of change before you hand it back to him!
          And I mean get it REALLY wet!
          ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth Purple Monkey Dishwasher View Post
            Christ, I get this all the time. I live in central CA (near Fresno), the Tennessee of the West . Is it a redneck thing? 65% of my customers are Mexican, the rest are White Rednecks. I almost NEVER had the tittie-money thing happen when I lived in New Jersey. I had DIFFERENTLY horrid customers...

Joe
            Hmm... I thought about that a long time, and I decided to answer with a question: Is "whore" not a compliment in Jersey? If it is, then I've got nothing. Maybe you were just lucky.

The main thing as to why they do it, is (and you can tell by the look on their face) they think they are so f***ing clever for storing their money like strippers. They HAVE pockets, but they think guys find it attractive (some do, but those guys were eyeing the chest way before then), and they think girls will admire them. Yes, really. Just ask them.
            The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

On Monday night I had two tit-events.

First was a young couple (early 20s I guess). As they are paying for popcorn and drinks, guy has straws in one hand and food in the other. In order to free up one hand to get his money, he puts the straws down his girlfriend's cleavage. Girl looks pissed.

A while later I served a girl and I noticed she had something in her cleavage. Now the part of my mind is saying 'Dont Look!' while the part is saying, 'What is it? Look and see.' Any way the won out and I looked and realised she had her lighter down there, which didn't look comfortable at all.
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                In order to free up one hand to get his money, he puts the straws down his girlfriend's cleavage. Girl looks pissed.
                What the HELL?? My boyfriend tries that, he'll walk home with all his teeth in his pocket!
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                  First was a young couple (early 20s I guess). As they are paying for popcorn and drinks, guy has straws in one hand and food in the other. In order to free up one hand to get his money, he puts the straws down his girlfriend's cleavage. Girl looks pissed.
                  He couldn't have said, "Could you hold these, please?" and handed the straws to his girlfriend?! Yeah, I'd be POed at him, too. No second date there!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

OK, I've done the $ in the bra thing when I lacked pockets, but I was also smart about it. I tuck the money in the strap, just above the cup. Nice and snug, no digging, no sweat pools.

I've even seen small money clips/pouches designed to fit there.
                    Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

You wouldn't believe how many kids come up to the Circ Desk with their library cards in their mouths! And the parents are like, totally offended if you make a face or don't want to touch their cards. Yeah, well, I've gotten pink eye from working here WAY too many times, so we have to be really O/C about washing our hands. We also keep hand sanitizer at the Circ Desk, but I love the idea of having disposable rubber gloves (which we do have ... yay!) at the desk and making them wait while we put them on before having to touch their child's dripping library card. Bleah! :P
                      I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                        Hmmm, anyone ever thought about marketing a small, water-proof pouch on some sort of band that's designed to be worn during exertion?
                        It's called a ziploc bag. You can even get the small ones which are money-sized.
                        There is no excuse for handing someone incredibly sweaty money.
                        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          Women's jackets are woefully lacking in pockets compared to men's. It's beyond annoying. Like we're supposed to have purses, so we don't need as many pockets.
                          I know. If pockets do exist, they seem to be for decorative purposes only. WTF is up with that, anyhoo? Pockets were intended to be used.

I recently got myself one of these for work (I do carry a tote bag, but I don't feel comfortable having my wallet/ID/subway pass in that). Fits in a jeans pocket fairly well and I'm able to sit down without getting poked or it falling out.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I've got a cheap nylon wallet for my ID and the very few cards and related flotsam I bother to carry.

For my lunch and stuff, I just use a plastic bag. I want to pick up one of those half-backpacks they make now in a small size just for carrying stuff to and from work, but the plastic bag can be rolled up and tucked in my pocket for the return trip, which a more substantial bag couldn't.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                            X