Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People hear my name wrong all the time over the phone. I'm not quite sure why as I think I enunciate, but I guess not. Sometimes they can't hear it properly when we are face to face either. (Shannon /= Janet or Sharon). They also think that when I say the letter "S" that I am actually saying "F". They sound kind of similar, so ok, I'll give them that. Perhaps it's just the way that my voice carries over the phone? I dunno. But I am slowly learning all of the words that are standard use for letters, aka Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, etc. It helps a lot to use the words instead of people trying to figure out what letters you are actually saying.
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
      "Paging Michael Huntley, Michael Huntley to the front counter... has anyone seen Mike Huntley?"

Sorry, I didn't have anything else to contribute.
      Actually, if you do the same thing with the name I gave, you get pretty much the same effect.....

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
      X