Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh I suppose you're right. But your story reminded me of something that happened in my bar about a year ago.

We were closed for a huge overhaul. We were about to have our grand reopening, but there was still a lot that needed to be done. All the doors were locked, signs were on the doors, and all the staff were sat in the beer garden waiting for the workmen to finish. The beer garden leads into the street, but also has a set of HUGE iron gates, which were closed and locked.

A customer CLIMBED over the top of them to get into the bar. We didn't notice him until we heard a "ahem-hem!" coming from behind us.

The manager went INSANE.

Manager: Get out! Get out now! We are closed!
    SC: You aaaaaaarrre?? (his voice went very high pitched)
    Manager: Yes! That's why all the doors are locked, all the lights are off and there was a set of iron gates blocking your path! Not to mention the huge A2 signs!
    SC: Oh...I did wonder why there were there...

We all laughed at him as he was kicked out a fire exit.

What was most surprising was that he was quite elderly. We have no idea how he managed to scale the gates! Let alone survive the landing!

Comment

God people are so stupid, as a customer I read signs, why can't SC's?
      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        you couldn't possibly miss the security guardss at the entrances
        But apparently the security guards missed THEM.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          A customer CLIMBED over the top of them to get into the bar. We didn't notice him until we heard a "ahem-hem!" coming from behind us.

That's a great story.

I'll bet no one here is really surprised though. No SC shall be daunted by such measly obstacles as wrought-iron fences. You could build a moat filled with sharks with laser-beams on their heads and they'd keep coming.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            But apparently the security guards missed THEM.
            Eh, they belong to the constructers, so they're bound to be inattentive. XD
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Once, I was working traffic control for a pipeline company laying 18 inch gas main along a major street. We had an open trench about 3 feet wide across a side street. A woman pulled up and I thought she was going to drop her front wheels off in the trench. I told her she would have to detour to the next major cross street. "But I need to go down this street," and pointed in the direction she was going. I told her to back up about ten feet. When she did, I brought over a couple of cinder blocks, then two 2" X 12" planks and laid them down with one end on the blocks. I knelt down and looked over them toward her car. I went over and told her if she hit about 50 MPH, she should be able to clear the trench. She looked at me in horror, and said, "Man, you are crazy!" then she turned around and drove away.

Comment

Tell them that Scotty couldn't get the transporter to work to get the men and material through the locked doors in and out of the store. I should think that was one reason for the guards, to keep people like that from just walking in, sounds to me like they fell asleep on the job.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Eh, they belong to the constructers, so they're bound to be inattentive.

Might as well not have them at all, if they're not paying attention.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I had to work last Saturday, opening, instead of my normal closing shift. We open at 10 - i got there about 10 of, knocked, and was let in. So we go about our business, and see several people hovering around outside, waiting to be let in. But the manager was still in back with the cash drawers (on her way out) - and then she had a couple of things to go over with us...about 2 minutes worth. Same hovering people pulled on the doors, peered in, etc. - um. we are NOT standing here just chatting, we are going over thigns we need to know for the day, instructions, etc.

I hate when people do that...even if we don't open the doors until 10:02 - BE PATIENT AND WAIT! Getting in 2 minutes after we open won't kill you. Same thing happens after we close. we are there, straightening, cleaning out fitting rooms and vacuuming. and people STILL persist in pulling on the doors, trying to come in! We sometimes have customers who linger after closing and locking the doors, so maybe they see them? either way, go away, we want to finish so we can go home!

Comment

Quoth Starlord View Post
                      I brought over a couple of cinder blocks, then two 2" X 12" planks and laid them down with one end on the blocks. I knelt down and looked over them toward her car. I went over and told her if she hit about 50 MPH, she should be able to clear the trench. She looked at me in horror, and said, "Man, you are crazy!" then she turned around and drove away.
                      That's beautiful.

My mom used to do craft shows. She was doing the Harvest Fest in Ventura. They had dimmed the lights, vendors were packing things away. It's at least half an hour after the show closed. Some numbnut is walking around trying to make deals. Sorry yahoo, at this point all the vendors just want to pack up and go home.
                      Curiously Lydean - curious interests of a curious person.

Comment

Working...
                      X