This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "WoW" what a discount

A guy comes up to my till today with a WoW card (WoW stands for "World of Warcraft" for those who aren't aware. It's an online multi-player role-playing game and very VERY addictive).

Me: Hello, sir. Did you find everything you were looking for today?
    Him: Oh yeah, I did!

*transaction proceeds and normal...and then*

Him: I usually only get charged $26 for my WoW card
    Me: It's $29.99
    Him: This girl usually gives me a discount on it.
    Me: For what? How does she do that?
    Him: She calls the manager. I always only pay $26. I buy them all the time!
    Me: ....Let me call my manager *calls sucky manager*

Me: Is there a discount for frequent WoW card purchases?
    Her: ....Not that I know of. Why?
    Me: There's a guy here saying that a cashier of ours always gives him a discount on his WoW cards.
    Her: Who does that?
    Me: I dunno. *turns to him* Who does it?
    Him: Oh I dunno. It's a different girl every time!
    Me: *back to her* He says it's a different girl every time.
    Her: ...Give him 10%, but that's it.

*gives him 10% which does ring up as the subtotal being $26.99*

Then he thanks me, pays, and leaves.

Why do I get the feeling...that SNEAKING SUSPICISON...that we were gipped?

Because you were. By the way, your manager should feel proud for reinforcing such behavior with a 10% discount. Thumbs up!
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I do have to note that this is the same manager from my other thread "He called his MOM", the one who broke company policy and all for naught.

Comment

Check our discount on those some time. I think we can buy them for twenty three or twenty four. So Best Buy still made profit off of them.
        Every Time I help a customer, I feel dirty inside.

Also cold and wet.

Sticky, too.

Comment

Now I see how he gets a discount on his game cards. Spineless manager.
          Op.125

Comment

He probably does the same thing each time, the cashier calls the manager and the manager says Oh give him 10% off.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Oh my, would you let me buy my WoW cards off you at $26 for a 60 day card too? bt I'm outside the usa so I'd pay via paypal and demand the code be emailed within the hour
              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Lemme as my manager! She'll probably say "ok"

Comment

Him: I usually only get charged $26 for my WoW card
                  Me: It's $29.99
                  Him: This girl usually gives me a discount on it.

Yeah, right.

"It's a good thing you told me this, sir! After all, associates giving out unwarranted discounts is a major infraction of our policy. She'll be dealt with, I assure you. Now if you would please answer a few dozen questions as to her identity and your past transactions_"

Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

I wanna discount on a 60-day WoW card.

Actually, the last card I bought was for CoX (City of Heroes/Villains), and it was a 60 day card for $12, because it was from one of those CompUSAs that was shutting down.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If you pay by credit card through Blizzard's site, they give you a discount there by buying it in monthly increments. it's much easier than having to go out and load up a game card every couple months.
                      Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                      Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                      The Office

Comment

I dunno -- sounds to me that the 10% discount is now official policy. How are you going to turn him down next time?

If you don't want the discount to be permanent, you're going to have to say something on corporate stationery so it looks official. Otherwise, it looks like you're just goiving him a hard time.

Amazing what morons managers can be.

Comment

Working...
                        X