X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well thats just stupid

Here are two fun ones from my day.

SC-I didnt get my package. You did not send it the way I told the person I talked to.
    Me-Ok sir let me pull up your account and see what you ordered and how it went out.
    SC-You didnt send my package out.
    Me-OK you ordered such and such. It was sent out on *date* by us mail. Since you have a PO box I wont be able to give you tracking. We normally ship out using ups.
    This is where the shit hits the fan. (well more so than already)
    SC-See I told you he didnt send it out right. I told him to send the package out regular mail. I Why is your company trying to rip me off. I ordered it. You took the money right away. why can you send out a package.
    Me-sir since you didnt receive your package I will reship it to you. It will have to go out regular mail.
    SC-why wont you listen to me. I told you I have a post office box. You cant send my package out ups.
    Me-(I lost it at this time. Keep in mind I am keeping this short and this went on for quite awhile) Sir I know you have a PO box and You package is being sent by the normal united states postal service. ups will not even pick up a package going to a po box so we will not be sending your package out by ups. will there be anything else today.
    SC-oh I misunderstood you. Do you know how long it will take
    *headdesk*
    Me-sir the package is going out regular mail there is no way for me to guess how long it will take.
    SC-I know it wont go out ups, I just need to know how long it will take.
    Me-(end of rope what to do I know guess)any where from 5 to 7 days.

I spent a good 30 minutes explaining the entire product to a perspective customer. As soon as I finish the explaination customer pops off with "I'm sorry you interupted me in the middle of a call I'm sorry I have to go now.
    WTH-He called me.
    if you are not interested in what we have to sell dont make something up
    I before E except after C. We live in a weird society

I'm confused, You tell him you're shipping via normal mail and he think that you're shipping by UPS. Isn't UPS a different company that has nothing to do with Federal mail?

Wow, that made my mind pay me a visit just to flip me off for trying to understand that.
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I had someone demanding a catalogue yesterday - reminded me of this. She wasn't just eager, but she was very eager. We're supposed to put notes on the comments field.

"Probably a moron. Refused to give me the name of her business until her shop is open on confidentiality grounds. I already hate her."

I'm pleased that customers don't get to see these...

EDITNOTE - I forgot to add that she was demanding to have the catalogue by the next day. I had to tell her she'd missed that day's mailing with a cheerful cry of "I can't make it before then". She hummed and hawed before asking if I could ensure it would be with her on Friday. "I can put it in the first class post tomorrow, but that's all," I told her.

The silence told me that this was not good enough.

Rapscallion
      Last edited by Rapscallion; 08-17-2006, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
        I'm confused, You tell him you're shipping via normal mail and he think that you're shipping by UPS. Isn't UPS a different company that has nothing to do with Federal mail?

Wow, that made my mind pay me a visit just to flip me off for trying to understand that.
        You are very correct about that. UPS, FedEx, and probably DHL are not *permitted* to use PO Boxes. I understand the Postal Service gets intensely nasty with legal action on things like that.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

They wouldn't have to get legal about it: you can only open a PO box with your key or from inside the employees' area of the post office. It's simply not possible for UPS to do either.
          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Maybe someone told him it was going USPS and he misunderstood? It's a common mistake to make, but not picking up on it the dozens of other times he was told "regular mail" or something to that effect is just... well, stupid...

(For those who may not know, USPS = United States Postal Service and UPS = Unitel Parcel Service.)
            ...don't you know the first law of physics? "Anything that's fun costs at least $8.00."
            - Cartman

Comment

Working...
            X