Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please, lady, shop somewhere else next time ..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, lady, shop somewhere else next time ..

This was today.

We had coupons printing on the receipts (that's a story in itself) that would, for one week, give you $25 off a purchase of $100 or more.

We can only use one coupon per transaction, BUT if you are buying, say, $200 worth of stuff, we can divide it into two transactions and use one coupon per transaction. I personally have no problem with doing this.

AC: Annoying Customer
    Me

AC comes up with three items in her buggy, and explains to me that she has two coupons. She also has a bag of small items that she had purchased earlier.

She then proceeds to pull this MASS of receipts out of her purse and starts sifting through them to find the ones with the coupons on them. She asks me to help her. Eventually we find the receipts with the coupons.

I scan two items; they are well over $100, so I use the first coupon. She pays. I then scan the final item; it does not cost $100. I explain the situation to her. She says she will go find more items to total $100 so she can use the coupon. Fine. I tell her she's got the receipt for the first two items so she can take them back in the store, no problem.

She comes back with some more small items that, with the third item, still don't total $100.

So nooowww ... she decides to return the items she had previously purchased so she can re-purchase them together with the third item and the small items she has just now found so she can use the $100 coupon ...

"Okay, but you have to go over to the Customers Services department; I can't do returns or exchanges here."

I've never been so glad to hand somebody over to another department. Although I thought I would probably owe somebody in Customer Service a few beers.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

I guess these coupons aren't limited to "One coupon per transaction per customer"?

Comment

Quoth ReadyToRetire View Post
      I guess these coupons aren't limited to "One coupon per transaction per customer"?
      "Hmmmm...I should have printed, 'One Per Customer'."

"Should'a but dint'a, so hands 'em over. KIDS! WE'RE EATIN' DINNER TONIGHT!" [cookies for ref]

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post

"Should'a but dint'a, so hands 'em over. KIDS! WE'RE EATIN' DINNER TONIGHT!" [cookies for ref]
        Simpsons. Marge's Pita business.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          Simpsons. Marge's Pita business.
          Pretzels, actually, but thank you for playing.

Comment

Quoth ReadyToRetire View Post
            Yes, they are ... which is why people like this customer want to break up their purchases into more than one transaction.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I wish customers would figure out their coupon or receipt situation before they get all the way to the front of the line, to when the cashier hits total... It's not the cashier's job to sort through their papers. Every once in a while I accidentally give a cashier a coupon for something I ended up not buying. Each time I'm vaguely annoyed with myself because the poor cashier looks over the transaction to see why the coupon didn't come off, or if it should have. Waste of time, and it's my fault. I mean, it usually only takes a few seconds, but I know they're timed. I'll be happy when all the coupons are able to be loaded to my loyalty account.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post

Some folk will never eat a skunk, and then again, some folk'll.......
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

.....Like Cletuuuuus the Slack-Jawed Yokeeeeel!~
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

HEY, MAW! GIT OFF THE DANG ROOF...!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X