This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does "MRS" stand for again???

I keep thinking that it's short for "Masters" but I'm completely lost on the other translations.

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
      As in Mrs. Botgucks.

The degree that 50% of the student bodies at Be Why Woo are aiming for.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post

I keep thinking that it's short for "Masters" but I'm completely lost on the other translations.
        It means someone who goes to college/university purely to find a husband.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          Ahhhh!

I was trying to think what sort of work absolutely requires ten fingers (I wasn't thinking of the hand being mangled).

Pianist? No... one can learn to adapt.
          Flautist or one of the other woodwinds? No, a good instrument maker could modify one for you.
          I was guessing violinist or cellist.

Woodwind would depend heavily on what finger and how it was mangled...a flautist could figure something out for a missing left pinkie for example, since the A flat key is long and forgiving, but would have trouble using an open hole flute (and AFAIK anything above beginner/student grades are all open hole) with say a maimed right index, or having the dexterity for the lowest notes on a B foot with a right pinkie that was missing or damaged.
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            As in Mrs. Botgucks.

The degree that 50% of the student bodies at Be Why Woo are aiming for.
            Hey now. My SIL graduated from there before marrying my brother.

One thing I don't understand about Argabarga's SC's. Why would they want to piss off the person who has their vehicle?
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
              I was guessing violinist or cellist.

Woodwind would depend heavily on what finger and how it was mangled...a flautist could figure something out for a missing left pinkie for example, since the A flat key is long and forgiving, but would have trouble using an open hole flute (and AFAIK anything above beginner/student grades are all open hole) with say a maimed right index, or having the dexterity for the lowest notes on a B foot with a right pinkie that was missing or damaged.
              My flute is an open hole, but comes with plugs to close up the holes.

Comment

American Pie taught us there are other ways to play the flute.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

No thank you. I don't want to know.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                    They neither know nor care. Anybody whose job gets in the way of whatever they're doing or want to do needs to "get a real job."
                    I wonder if these people would tell the pharmacist who refuses to refill their Vicodin prescription early (or the doctor who refuses to write one for a larger quantity when they use it up early, or the police officer who "cuffs 'em and stuffs 'em" for driving under the influence of same) to "get a real job".
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      I wonder if these people would tell the pharmacist who refuses to refill their Vicodin prescription early (or the doctor who refuses to write one for a larger quantity when they use it up early, or the police officer who "cuffs 'em and stuffs 'em" for driving under the influence of same) to "get a real job".
                      Is this another rhetorical question?
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

"But, it IS fun to watch them do it, I probably shouldn't toy with them like this."

Sort of along that sentiment. . .

Back at Hardee's when I was in college, and being the economy-sized person that I am, I usually got the job of clearing out the local punks when they started getting tiresome.

And, after much whining and expressions of entitlement, they would usually leave. One night, however they were being whinier and entitleder than usual.

I stopped in the middle of my patented "Daddy tired, you kids skedaddle on to bed, now!" speech. I put on a Sad Tony face.

"I suppose you kids think I enjoy throwing you out of here, don't you?'

And they answered with a chorus of "Yeahs!" and "You're a jerks!"

I then put on my Bright, Happy, Cheerful Tony face and said, "I do! I DO! Oh GOD! It's just the BEST! Your dopey expressions, your dumb little excuses! It's the BEST! It's the highlight of my whole DAY! Hah....hoo. Anyway, uh, where was I? Oh yeah! You guys were getting the hell out of here before I call the cops, right. Shoo, shoo! Run along now."

It was like I stuck a pin in them. See, they had this image of themselves as being Ultimate Badasses ("We're suburban pasty white boy gangstas from the HOOD!"), and I just found them amusing.

Wacky fun!
                        I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                          American Pie taught us there are other ways to play the flute.
                          Ohhhhh man, I was the subject of that for two and a half years.

Everytime American pie 2 would come on TV? It got worse.

Although I eventually shut them up by performing my "signature piece" at a school assembly. (My signature piece by the way is "Sicilienne" by Gabriel Faure) The link in question is a piano arrangement, but the flute arrangement builds off from that by giving the main "melody" line to the flute.

Comment

Ohhhhh man, I was the subject of that for two and a half years. Everytime American pie 2 would come on TV? It got worse.
                            Me too and I don't even play any instruments!

My school did have band camp though and one of my friends is a flautist with a good sense of humor. One busy lunchtime, she loudly announced that she was going to do tricks with her flute and her gorgeous sister. Everyone turned to look, she placed her flute on the ground in front of her sister and took a few steps away. Turned, cartwheeled once, landed and then moved into a handstand near the flute. Her older sister held her by the legs, she picked up the flute and began playing while still upside down. For some reason, there were many disappointed people.
                            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

After having had some time to digest it, I don't think they really are even considering employment when they use that insult, it's just another flavor of "YOU SUCK!" Since they keep doing it even after it clearly hasn't had any effect. I mean, do they expect me to collapse to my knees and start sobbing? Wailing that "Oh you're right! I HAVE SOOOO WASTED MY LIFE!!! FORGIVE MEEEEEE!"

And if they DO expect that, why do they continue to try it upwards of 3 or more times?

Then again, I did see the same lady again last night, her car was getting ticketed by the meter people for being illegally parked again.

Bet she tells THEM to get a real job too.
                              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                                Then again, I did see the same lady again last night, her car was getting ticketed by the meter people for being illegally parked again.

Bet she tells THEM to get a real job too.
                                And they could tell her to get some real driving lessons!
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X