This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I clone me??

So I had to call the possible office job today and tell them I had accepted a job offer elsewhere and now I feel really bad about it because the guy wished me all the best and sounded really nice.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

You could, but they'd insist on keeping the pay.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yeah, there is that.

And NOW I just got a call from a supermarket that I applied to I-don't-remember-how-long-ago, looking for a parttime cashier!! What IS it with this flood-or-famine thing?! She said they are unionized so at first I would only likely be getting 8-10 hours a week, so I politely said I'd hoped for a bit more than that. (Not entirely true; if I still had nothing in the offing, I would certainly have taken it.)

Now I REALLY hope nothing goes wrong with the job I did accept.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        You could, but they'd insist on keeping the pay.
        I'm reminded of the classic Calvin & Hobbes "duplicator" strips, wherein Calvin discovers that his duplicates are just as lazy as he is...

Comment

You only need one of your clones functioning at a time, Citizen. Having more than one of your clones active is indicative of traitorous mutant terrorist behavior.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

The computer is our friend. Trust the computer.
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
              The computer is our friend. Trust the computer.
              Last chance! Only one bitcoin!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                Last chance! Only one bitcoin!
                Bitcoins are not an accepted currency in Alpha Complex, Citizen. Possession of bitcoins or engaging in transactions with bitcoins is traitorous mutant terrorist behavior. Please remain where you are for a full troubleshooter investigation.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  ... a full troubleshooter investigation.
                  Not "The Probe"! Anything but "The Probe"!

"Anything?"

"The Probe"! "The Probe"!

Comment

Working...
                  X