Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That is in fact the very definition of "stealing" and a SC gets put in her place.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is in fact the very definition of "stealing" and a SC gets put in her place.

So, the usual dumb bitch customer (our apparent demographic in this area apparently) goes into the bulk section and grabs a bag of nuts from the bins. You might recognize nuts as being one of those super expensive items in bulk sections. So she's walking around the store shopping while stuffing her face like a pig (don't you love security cameras) and occasionally topping up back at bulk.

CW sees this and informs her that she can't do that as it's considered theft since you haven't paid for the item and it's weighed rather then a set price.

Occasionally we get someone who just can't wait until the till to gobble down that sugar-free gluten-free vitamin laced 'healthy' chocolate bar. I don't really care if they have the money and pay for it as it's something that can be scanned and comes at a set price.

Bulk obviously doesn't. The more you stick in the bag the more you spend. And if you eat what's in the bag before it's weighed and the price is calculated via the ancient magic our tills run on. (I refuse to call our tills technology as they're so ancient the only system update possible involves a baseball bat and some alone time with the cameras turned off)

So the WIC gets involved because the SC is yelling and screaming about how she's allowed to use the bulk section as an open buffet. That she didn't steal from us she only ate 'a few handfuls' (that's called stealing lady. And you just admitted it).

Course our store manager is one of those awesome ones that actually leaves his office to come down and help do menial tasks for two hrs of every shift. (It's nice that to see a big money making boss actually get on the floor and cashier/stock/prep food/etc. Specially since he wears the same uniform as us when he's on the floor and the customers can't tell he's anything but another lowly employee). Then she goes off on him. Which gets the hackles of all employees up because he's a really good manager and a good man who takes care of his employees. Nobody wants to watch the boss get laid into by a disrespectful self-entitled bitch. Now in all the years I've worked under him I've only once see him angry (not at me) and never heard him so much as cuss someone out even when they deserve it.

He's also well known to the customers who frequently shop here and have been for years.

Course, this is when a cop, presumably grabbing food on his break, and his partner show up while she's throwing an entire full blown tantrum. Complete with chest smacking and stomping her dainty feet while yelling sentences that would make even me blush (and are anatomically improbable).

So our dear manager turns to answer the nice cops question about whether or not the bitch was causing him problems in his store. Meanwhile, the bat had tossed around nuts everywhere in her flailing about and yelling and dropped a glass drink. Which is aside from the noise one of the reasons that brought staff over. To herd away customers so they don't fall and get hurt. Or because it's summer, get glass in their flip flops or something.

Oh and you se the bat ho pale as she realizes that she was assaulting the SM and not just some poor stock boy.

Discussion is had, and our dear SM pulls out his tablet thingy which apparently he can review store footage from (which I suppose explains his all-knowing) which clearly shows her grazing like a cow in a field.

Cop asks if he wants to press charges for theft. He just grins that political smile of his and says no. Cop asks if he wants to press charges for assault, public disturbance, property damage and basically anything else that can possibly fir the situation however loosely. He replies with a no to each and every one.

By now the customers are confused and us workers who know better are rubbing our metaphorical hands together and giggling.

The cop asks him what he wants to do because he can't in good conscience let someone walk all over such a great man.

Our dear beloved SM tells him that the lady can apologize for her bad manners to each person witnessing the event individually. Then could someone get her a mop, broom and dustpan to clean up her own mess. And could the gentlemen in uniform please ensure she does it instead of fucking off. Oh and he would provide two of his staff to make certain she has everything she needs.

Course the lady throws a fit.

The officer just gives her the look. And SM informs the customer that if she's going to act like a child in his house she will be treated like a child would in his house. And his children all know "if you make a mess you get to clean it up". Of course if such menial work is too much for her he could always change his mind and press charges instead.

So me and a CW grab the necessary supplies. After she's done sweeping up the glass and mopping we inform her that store policy says glass goes directly into a paper bag which then goes into the garbage bag up front which then gets immediately emptied in the garbage thingy out back. Yes that's part of cleanup and no we aren't doing it for her. Oh and she has to get the cones to mark where a spill has just happened and was cleaned up.

I don't think I've seen so many smiles in one day.

Seeing a SC get put in her place is always a beautiful thing. As pleasant a man as the SM is, he didn't get where he was without knowing how to manipulate people and encourage hard work.

I suppose there's something good about how many people in upper management jobs (regardless of business) share many characteristics and traits of psychopaths.

And I couldn't resist the "have a nice day" parting remark when she finally left.

By the time I got on break the SM had already been inundated with gifts from happy underlings. It's not often we really see a SC get put in their place. Or someone stand up to a customer and support the staff (or enforce our actual store policy). I might have got him the good chocolate from across the street but someone else got him the top shelf tequila from the liquor store further in the shopping complex. Wish I knew who because they must have some brass balls.
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

*Announcer voice*
    Flawless Victory
    Responsibility
    (okay, so I may have seen too many rounds of Mortal Kombat played)

Comment

This story is a thing of beauty. We need to clone this manager!
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

That. Is. AWESOME.

Comment

Very, very nice. One for the win column.
          Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

How I wish there was footage, complete with sound. I would watch every second. Repeatedly.
            Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
              *Announcer voice*
              Flawless Victory
              Responsibility
              (okay, so I may have seen too many rounds of Mortal Kombat played)
              OH yea this MGR completely earned it!
              Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 06-07-2018, 03:12 PM.
              AkaiKitsune
              Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Yet another manager who needs to be cloned.
                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Very nice. I admit I miss the part where she had to pay for the goods destroyed or eaten, too .

Comment

To that manager
                    I love how he made the SC (did she pay? If not, is she still technically an SC?) clean up under worker supervision.
                    Has she been back since? I won't be surprised if no.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

If she ever showed back up, I'd expect someone a whole lot meeker than the rampaging bovine from last time around. Kind of a similar comparison, seeing the whole functionality of a bull's nose ring. One good lesson with the new ring, and that be one meek creature when you've got hold of his lead.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                        Very nice. I admit I miss the part where she had to pay for the goods destroyed or eaten, too .
                        The problem is, how would you tell just how much she'd eaten? I suspect the savvy manager realized that getting into that would give the SC a chance to argue....

Comment

They way your SM made her pay was 10000000xs better than just simply pressing charges. This was just full of awesomeness! Love stories with happy endings!

Comment

Where should I have the roses delivered?

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                              The problem is, how would you tell just how much she'd eaten? I suspect the savvy manager realized that getting into that would give the SC a chance to argue....
                              Exactly. I think he felt it was FAR better to have her remain in the store, in full view of everybody who'd witnessed her screaming tantrum, cleaning up the mess SHE made.

I love your manager.
                              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                              X