Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I never knew there was a cheaper plan...give me $5000.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never knew there was a cheaper plan...give me $5000.

So I got a new job. I'm still with <Red Checkmark> but now I'm part of a higher level team that, among other things, handles the BBB complaints that come into the company. Let me tell you, some people will file BBB complaints on really stupid and petty things.

Like this lady.

She actually cancelled service with <Red Checkmark> two years ago but one of the reasons she cancelled was because she thought we were overcharging her. The reason she thought this is because she had stayed on an older, more expensive phone plan instead of switching to a cheaper one. Evidently she thought we would be psychic and just know she wanted that cheaper plan and change her to it. Ummm, no that's not how it works.

So anyway, the gist of the BBB complaint is that she wants us to basically change her plan, but make it retroactive back four years before she left the company and refund her the difference that, by her math, is approximately $5000.

So here's the coolest part of my new job: I get to tell her No AND there's no manager or other level for her to complain to. I am the END of the line.

All I do is shut her down (professionally), enter in an explanation on the complaint, close that sucker and go about my day.

She threatened legal action but hey, good luck with that.

Oh, and if you're wondering why she waited TWO YEARS to file a BBB complaint on us for this, join the club. I don't have a freaking clue either.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Some people are so entitled that it makes them stupid as well.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      She threatened legal action but hey, good luck with that.
      Good luck finding a shyster to take the case--another argument for loser pays.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

OMG are people really THAT dumb? I know many moons ago with my regular landline service, I paid a ridiculous amount for long distance. Then i realized hey, there are cheaper plans out there. So I switched. But did i demand a refund for the higher amount I'd been paying? of course not.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
          I know many moons ago with my regular landline service, I paid a ridiculous amount for long distance. Then i realized hey, there are cheaper plans out there.
          My mother found out that her aunt and uncle were still renting their phone from then Illinois Bell now Deathstar. She bought a phone and helped them cancel that part of their service.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

LOL What was the fee on a '77 princess?
            AkaiKitsune
            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Back in the early 1980s I bought a black wall phone for $10 because I couldn't afford anything else. I was living in an apartment at the time and there was already a wall phone jack, so I didn't have to pay extra for installation; as I recall I would have had to pay to have a different phone installed, and I simply couldn't afford it at the time. After I moved back home I gave the phone to my parents, who hung it on their dining room wall and gave the one they'd been paying rent for back to the phone company.

Comment

There was one point in the mid-80s where you couldn't rent the phone from Illinois Bell. So I bought it. Still have it, too, tucked away in the garage. I used to think of it as a backup that I could use when the power went out (the cordless phones need power to be on!) but now it's just something I should recycle... Cell phones FTW.
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                X