X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that was a waste of my time

So I think forgot to post about this.

In early December I stopped in at the local NYS career center to get help with my resume. You can just go in without an appt. for that. I talked to a guy who looked over my resume, made a couple suggestions, and then said he'd email me the revised resume in a couple days. All good.

Three weeks go by with no email.

I went back before Christmas and he apologized, dug my resume out of the paperwork on his desk (to be fair, he had a lot of stuff going on) and said he'd get it done and sent it to me by the end of the week. Which he did.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. To begin with, he left off my street name at the top, just had the house # and the word "Street".

My list of experience and skills were listed under "Accounting" - which was the job I took for all of 5 months after my old job was outsourced.

He listed skills I don't have, such as PowerPoint - I have never even touched this, let alone had training or ever used it. He said I "facilitated" some sort of meetings for "advertising coordination." I have never run a meeting in my life, and I don't even know what the hell "advertising coordination" is supposed to mean.

He said I prepared sales reports. Our sales reports were generated by the system and given to us, we in the call center never created them ourselves. I asked for a pdf, he sent it in doc format. He didn't capitalize some computer program names, there was an apostrophe where one didn't belong.

It was just the biggest, most inaccurate mess I've ever seen.

I have to re-revise the whole thing myself. Thanks for nothing, NYS.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.
Working...
X