Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You poor, poor so-and-sos... They're crap over here, so they're going to be even worse over there. I saw what your producers did to 'Dear John'.

Rapscallion
    Sadly, you're right. I know firsthand. When I was in Spain in 2002 I got to watch the Spanish version of Big Brother ("Gran Hermano") and it was mainly a bunch of Spanish girls in one huge bed, half of them gossiping about someone and the other half screaming at each other over the stupidest crap.

Unfortunately, mainly due to the writer's strike, the big networks here are trying to pad their programming schedules with unscripted reality shows. The Generation Y group (like my wife!) just love it and soak it all up every night.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
      Aussie football is an okay sport though.
      Aussie Rules...that is one seriously deranged sport - and I mean that with the greatest affection!! Huge guys wear tiny shorts, sleeveless t-shirts, and no safety gear, and then they proceed to pummel the crap out of each other trying to get the ball to the end of the field. At least that's what I've been able to figure out so far. It makes hockey look like a sport for pink-tutu-wearing poodles, and it looks like a cross between football, rugby, lacrosse and homicide.
      Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Quoth PuckishOne View Post
        Aussie Rules...that is one seriously deranged sport - and I mean that with the greatest affection!! Huge guys wear tiny shorts, sleeveless t-shirts, and no safety gear, and then they proceed to pummel the crap out of each other trying to get the ball to the end of the field. At least that's what I've been able to figure out so far. It makes hockey look like a sport for pink-tutu-wearing poodles, and it looks like a cross between football, rugby, lacrosse and homicide.
        In any other sport, using the opposition players as a ladder to get 12 feet in the air so you can catch the ball before anyone else would at least get you warned, even if there's no specific rule against it.

The first time it happened in Aussie Rules, everybody went "That's awesome!" and it's become a standard move.

Comment

I like Aussie Rules http://youtube.com/watch?v=fmPj_9q5Xks&feature=related

I'm more scared of the All-Blacks. Them doing the Haka, especially with guys that big are not to messed with. http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Zvs4T4RU30
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Damn... I haven't seen that one! Must go look - any idea what series and episode?

Loved it totally.

And Aussie Rules - I'm not a fan, but yes, it does beat the hell out of just about everything else violence-wise - except maybe Irish Rules....

BTW - on the same line as the OP - and also from Monty Python...

Why is American beer like making love in a canoe?

Because they're both fucking close to water

Slyt
            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post

South African beer is also acceptable as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting Nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of British Commonwealth - see what it did for them.
              BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!
              *wipes tears away*
              yes, our beer is good. South African Breweries is one of the most successful South African companies in the world. They've taken over quite a few foreign breweries as well, like Peroni.

As for greatest sporting nation...i dunno, is striking a sport?
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

"You Don't Know How Lucky You Are, Boys!"

Trouble is, I wish it were ALL true! If anyone is looking to trade out, drop me a line. =)
                "It's not me that you hate; it's those nasty truths I serve up. Hey, man, I'm just honesty's vessel!" --Me

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post

BTW - on the same line as the OP - and also from Monty Python...

Why is American beer like making love in a canoe?

Because they're both fucking close to water

Slyt
                  At the university in my city, they have a lot of American exchange students. One of the favourite tricks of most of us is to offer them beer. Being used to American piss-water, they aren't quite expecting it.

Ahhh, students.
                  Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Working...
                  X