This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIAR!

I still have no idea as to what motive this guy had but it was mean and stupid.

So my family and I went to see Jurassic Park last night. We were like ten mins late to the showing due to my family not knowing the area and getting lost.

We handed our tickets into the ticket taker guy (we paid extra $12 a person for the 3D experience. I HATE 3D but it was the only one for the time my family picked)

TG: ticket guy
    (There was another worker there too listening to this)

TG: Actually the movie is a little behind. Hasn't ended yet so... You're the first ones, you get to be ahead of the line. You can form a line over there. Please don't go in yet the previous people still need to exit and we will clean it too.

US: That's perfect!

TG seemed real nice and chatted with me a bit when I asked what their procedure is if they have rowdy customers since last time I went to a movie a bunch of teenage snot heads ruined it for me. He reassured me that they don't put up with that and talked with us and laughed for awhile. He is also an old co worker of my boyfriends and generally has always been nice to us.

Since our other members wanted some popcorn and drinks. We thought awesome we can get our stuff and relax rather than missing the previews and the movie. We got our stuff and went to go wait where he told us to wait.

20 mins later...

We could hear the movie and nobody has come out so one of the family members peeked in and another went to ask the ticket guy what was up.

The family member that went and asked the ticket guy what was up came back angry.

Turns out the first guy LIED to us and the movie had already started and now it was like 30-40 mins into it!

We were all pissed. The next movie was at 9:20. It was already like 9:12 so we all got pretty mad and couldn't figure out why that asshole lied to us.

Me: Lets go and change our tickets and get the difference back since its cheaper.

What should have happened is we should have bitched and got our shit for free BUT we were super nice and just got refunded for the cheaper movie.

Me to a new ticket guy: Hey, so we were told to wait for the movie to begin which already had. What can we do?

NTG: (he was the dude that was there with TG so he knew the BS that was given to us) The movie started at 8:30.

Me: Right... BUT you were there you heard what he said to us.

NTG: *sighs* well there is another one at 9:20 you can just go to that one.

Me: But the tickets cost more for the 3D can we get our refund for that?

I understand that we only got like 2.25 back but you know what we deserved it!

So we all go (all six of us) go to the box office and get our stuff fixed.

Guess who was the refunder guy? The asshole who told us this lie in the first place!!! I'm pretty shy and nobody made a big stink about it but wtf was his problem? And he rolled his eyes at me as he gave me my 2.25 back.

What motive did he have to do that? It only made things worse for him since he had to take more time to refund us and almost ruined our night!

We should have asked for a manager but where we were at nothing would've been done.

The movie was great btw

In this case, I would complain to a manager -- just write in/email; a scan of your stubs should prove the time you were there. He needs to have a little chat with this guy, as it sounds like he knew exactly what he was doing.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The only motive I can think of is he got yelled at too many times by people who were late. Doesn't really show great forethought, because you would have just yelled at him for lying.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I emailed the place, described the guy and am hoping they
        Might care. A friend of mine said it happened to one of
        her friends. I guess he does this frequently for shits and giggles.

Comment

That's messed up. If I arrive to a movie ten minutes late, the previews are still running. I don't see why he'd want to make people miss a movie.
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
            That's messed up. If I arrive to a movie ten minutes late, the previews are still running. I don't see why he'd want to make people miss a movie.
            Because some people are just jerks.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

He probably thinks he's being a good employee by selling you the more expensive tickets. I wonder if some people just went in and sat down without complaining. You wouldn't think so, but who knows.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
              X