Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*UPDATE* Please tell me all woman aren't like that.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *UPDATE* Please tell me all woman aren't like that.

So there is this new girl I just trained last night. (We just got off 45 minutes ago).

She's smart, (She learned faster then any of the other 12 people I've trained) funny (In the slight sarcastic way I like) and beautiful. Not to mention she's strong. Both physically and mentally, (She isn't like buff or even toned, but strong. ya know what I mean? O_o). So it's like all the traits I like in a girl all in one. She's a few years older then me, and the topic of boyfriends/girlfriends came up. (Her friend came in and I mentioned later they were a cute couple, the way the talked and acted I thought they were) she proclaimed they were just friends, and she doesn't belive in giving herself to a guy etc etc.

So I'm rather depress that another girl i have intreest in has zero, or maybe a small intrest in me.

Seriously, how the hell are couples formed ><. I might have a shot. Any advice or words of encouragment are welcomed and wanted =)
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Holy Crap update!

We got to talking last night, and let me tell you I pick up subtle signs about as well as a book likes to swim.

But some customer called her cute, she said she thought I was cute. She told me that she likes smart guys. SHE SAID SHE WANTS TO GO TO COFFEE OR PARK WITH ME.

And the best one I thought? "The more I'm working with you, the more attractive you are to me"

and she wasn't lying. For once a girl wasn't twisting my heart or messing with me. I cna't belive I have a chance at something like this. I'm so excited !
    Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Oooo! Congrats congrats.

Well since I suck at this kind of advice and dont want to spew cliches like "be yourself blah blah", I'll keep my fingers crossed that this develops into what you're looking for. You deserve it from what I've read in the past.

Go get 'er!

Comment

Girl talkin' here, so listen up...

Don't assume that she's not "messing with you" (for, sadly, some women get their rocks off by doing that) but by the same token, don't assume that she is.

Go with what's happening in the moment, which is that she's said some very nice things to & about you, which is an excellent start.

Don't be afraid to be yourself, to take chances, or to get hurt, because all of these things will happen - repeatedly - so, as the saying goes, lie back and enjoy it. Take a deep breath, smile...and relax.

Good luck and keep us posted!!
        Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

holy crap your so cute when your excited

chliche but be yourself (if she doesnt like you for you, then shes not gonna like you at all anyway, nothing you can do about it)

try to relax, relax, relax. be cool, be calm, be friendly

HAVE FUN

but most important, take. your.time

she doesnt need to be your girlfriend tomorrow, or even next week, take your time and get to know her first.

take, your, time!
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

You work with this girl? I hope things do go well for you, but do keep in the back of your mind that lots of people have personal rules against dating at work. It can backfire if things don't eventually work out "happy ever after".

Other than that, what the others said. Enjoy the here and now, take your time, and just go with the flow. Sounds like a very positive start.

Comment

Good luck with everything!!
              "I want to be a mongoose. Can I be a mongoose dog?"

Comment

Please tell me all woman aren't like that.

As some of you may know, a coworker did the unthinkable and rarest thing ever in my life. Hit on me. Flirted with me. Wants me to go out with her. So I learned a bit more about her. Guess what??

1: SHE IS MARRIED!! She claims she's not really, but she is. Hard to explain, and she's getting a divorce. In anycase they are 'roommates' for now. Who live in a stuido apartment together.

2: She and a customer both admitted to me that they are both having an affair with each other. (So she's /cheating/ on her husband, he is cheating on his girlfriend.

3: I started thinking back, and she didn't show any intrest in me til after I told her I was an assisant manager, and never had held hands with a girl, let alone have a girlfriend. I thought just maybe, maybe 16 hours was enough for someone to get attracted to someone, but I think she see's dollar signs. cause If I screwed up, sexual harassment. (Now I'm a gentleman (I HOPE!) but I didn't even think about touching her til we were going out, and even then only after she did the first move.

So I mean, two days ago she gave me her cell number and a flower, and said she liked me unshaven. That I'm smartm, and she really wants to go out with me.

I can't. I can't and it hurt. It hurt to replay the video that my manager showed of her kissing (and I MEAN KISSING) her husband/roomate that she is getting a divorce cause he cheated on her. The whole thing is complicated, and apparently there is a third guy involved too from what my manager said.

I can't go out with her. I'd feel like crap. Its so damn wrong to cheat on people. I thought trust and comfort was the number one thing in relationships? I don't know how to say no to her. I don't even know if I have the courage on saying it to her, other then avoid her as much as possible because it's so damn wrong. I need strength. How would you all do this?

The thing that kills me the most? I was stupid enough to think a girl liked me any shape and form without a utroior motive.
                Military Spouse Support.

Comment

I'm no expert on matters of the heart, but every instinct I have upon hearing your tale is screaming that you should run.

Be polite about it, but ignore her advances. She's playing every side against the middle. She also knows she's attractive and is using it for her advantage. If you give in, she's going to drop you like she dropped her husband and keep you dangling for a while until she decides who she prefers.

She sounds as if she can't make up her mind. Don't get hurt in her decision-making process.

Rapscallion

Comment

she sounds like a total cougar to me

run run for the hills

im sorry it did work out
                    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I agree with Kiwi, just high tail it out of there. She's obviously looking at you more for your position than anything else. You're also an assistant at your store and that's a huge, huge, huge, huge, huge no no. You don't want to lose your job because someone is trying to get "up" in the world. If you met on different terms, then it might be ok. Also, cheaters never ever prosper and not to sound cliche, but: once a cheater, always a cheater.
                      Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

***Harsh smackdown alert***

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                        I was stupid enough to think a girl liked me any shape and form without a ulterior motive.
                        No, no, no, no, NO - a thousand times NO!! This is nothing to do with you, Plaidman. You are NOT the problem here. You are NOT stupid.

She is at best immature, at worst a whore. What married woman encourages men to court her, seriously?? Is that the kind of person you want to be with? You sound like an incredibly decent guy and, while I know it hurts to be treated that way (oh boy do I know!), you will have chances to be with women who are not that way, who are decent like you and will be worthy of the time and consideration you give to them.

Raps is right - she's using her looks to get attention or heaven-knows-what. Don't fall for it, Plaidman, you're better than that. Waiting sucks, it's the worst part of life as far as I'm concerned, but your time will come, you have to remember that.

Sorry if I came out swinging there...I'm angry as hell that women pull that kind of , and it's a shame that you had to be on the receiving end of it. Hang in there, Plaidman.

*removes quasi-parental hat and steps down from soapbox*
                        Last edited by PuckishOne; 08-10-2006, 07:49 PM. Reason: because I realized I sounded like my mother!!
                        Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

I'm so sorry that this has happened, Plaidman. But I agree with everyone else; DO NOT get involved with her any further.

I know this is cliche and you probably really don't want to hear it, but you will find the perfect woman for you someday. You sound very sweet and charming and any girl would be lucky to have you. But not a girl who would cheat on her husband.

I know it's difficult to come back from something like this; I was in an abusive relationship for a year and remember how much it hurt. But you need to try to learn from this experience rather than let it get you down. It will strengthen you; it really will.

Last edited by kerrisan; 08-10-2006, 07:52 PM.
                          ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've also dealt with women acting like they like me even though they dont albeit for different reasons. It sucks, but its definitely not how all women are, even if you're not dating left and right thats NOT a bad thing!

Comment

Let me start by saying I'm sorry and that sucks. Now lets get down to business. Don't beat yourself up over this girl (I refuse to call her a woman because she sounds like to immature - thats as nice as I can put it - to call her a woman). In all actuallity, consider yourself lucky for the following reasons. You dating a subordinate at work (usually frowned upon). And most importantly she sounds like a whore who uses people. You deserve better then that. And if the right one hasn't come along yet, give it time, she will.
                              My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...
                              X